i30 Owners Club

Launceston HeartKids Car and Bike Show

FatBoy · 8 · 7803

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
The youngest FatKid and I did a day trip to Launceston today for a "Show and Shine" at one of the wineries.  To cut a long story short, I stuffed up with the dates for a visit to the speedway, so had to quickly find something for the two of us to do involving cars.  Anyhoos, there were a lot of nice, older cars up there, some with original bits, some with mods I liked, others with mods I didn't.  The weather up North was much nicer than down South, so the trip was pleasant (and comfortable in the V8 Ute).

A replica VK Brock Commodore.

Chopped and lowered "a bit"

One of my favourite Fords (I really liked the two door coupe with the 351ci)

Classic "Hot Rods"

The Classic XY GTHO.  Of the 500 originals built, there are only 750 of them left.   :whistler:

With a well detailed engine bay.

For Dave.  It even had a 44 gallon drum in the boot!!

One of my favourite Commodores, the VL.

Manx Buggy

A very tidy Mini.

The Giant Killer, the LJ Torana.

Some people have too much time on their hands (or too much money to pay people to have time to do this work)

For Trev!!  A nice example of a Type 1.

The "Morrie"

We had a good day, with the youngest picking up a few "trinkets" for his room.  Some people really do take care of their cars, some people just go stupid with them (I don't have photos of the "stupid" ones), like supercharging a V8 and putting it in a Mighty Boy (seriously).

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Brilliant. I dream of having a vehicle in the same league as the Torrie (Mopar though) and having the time to maintain it.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I used to be a big Holden fan, I wouldn't even look at other makes.  Now I appreciate all classic cars, and cars that are well maintained or modified. 

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I used to be a big Holden fan, I wouldn't even look at other makes.  Now I appreciate all classic cars, and cars that are well maintained or modified.

That's where I'm at, Jamie.
Whilst I have a leaning towards Fords, Leylands & Chryslers, I just appreciate all classic cars and the work that goes into them. I'm not into all this "one-eyed" stuff.
Thanks for the pic of the Spanish Olive P76. It's just like one of mine.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Some very nice cars there, love the LJ, the 5 window coupe is almost identical to one of the drag cars :goodjob2:

Things turn up in the strangest of places, in the background of the Brockie replica looks to be exactly my 2003 Mirage that I traded for the i30, same rims - tint - colour - rear spoiler and side skirts

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta: :Agoodpost: Some nice cars there.. We were in Lonny today from 8.30 to 8.40am and from 10.30 until about 2.20 pm (should have gone to that, if we knew it was on)  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

100% with you on this. No secret I love me Mopars.
Everyone has their preference and that's good. But your not a true automotive enthusiast if your so narrow minded that you can't appreciate and respect all makes and models.
Passed a beautiful maroon E type on the highway today. Wife looks at it and says "that's ugly" all I said was "No, your wrong"
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Nice cars, thanks for sharing.  :goodjob2:

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal