i30 Owners Club

Key fob shell

Johnno · 8 · 3065

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Anyone who's got a dickie fey fob shell, Don't know if its the same as a Hy but if you look at the feed back someone states its a Hy

:link: 2014 Hot Sale Uncut Blade 3 Buttons Flip Remote Key Shell For Kia K2 K5 Car Keys Blank Case Cover + HK Post Free
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice find!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline breakdown

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
On ebay cheaper to find :p.
  • I30 CRDI

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Has anyone actually done a swap over?  :undecided:

I bought one of these off ebay some time back and, for the life of me, I couldn't work out how to get the internals out of the original and into the new one...  :confused:

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
I put up a couple of video's on how to do it on the forum, use search engine
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks muchly for those, Johnno.....  :goodjob:  :judges:

As there was nothing wrong with my original keyfob (other than the pad) I decided just replacing that was the go.
Ripping the guts out of the old one and putting it into the new one looked too fiddly for this ol' fella...  :snigger:

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I brought two shells from :link: Hyundai I20 I30 Flip KEY Remote Replacment Blank Shell Central Locking | eBay which is the eBay store of a bricks and mortar one - Amalgamated Locksmiths in Brisbane, Qld.

I too opted to switch the keypad - as it was the part that had holes in it - instead of all the insides.  As indicated in the video about keypad swap - if using the original keypad frame you need to file/shave the mount post (due to 'rivets' made by mounting posts ends being melted at manufacture)... but the new keypad did seem to fit a little better using it.   Of course the down-side to the keypad swap, using either frame, is that the frame is now just 'push fit'... but luckily it seems fairly snug/tight in any event.

I found the replacement keypad to be slightly more 'proud' than the original (subjectively slightly more at the end with the 'unlock' button) - but not something noticeable day-to-day.  As my old leather cover was disintegrating I replaced it with a silicone one - which effectively eliminates the 'proud-ness' anyway.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal