i30 Owners Club

i30 2.0 CRDi, paper or solid filter??

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
I'm hoping some of you seasoned i30 owners can help me out here. Going to be servicing my i30 soon, but I can't seem to ascertain whether I should be buying a paper filter cartridge, or the traditional solid type. Now at some point I can go out and physically check the car, but does it go by year or left/right-hand drive? Oh and any other tips for servicing? Its a 2008 hatchback model, manual 6 speed box!
Thanks
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As long as you buy filters of reputable quality and a manufacturer's warranty you should be fine. Make sure you specify the correct part number, or equivalent to ensure correct fit.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm hoping some of you seasoned i30 owners can help me out here. Going to be servicing my i30 soon, but I can't seem to ascertain whether I should be buying a paper filter cartridge, or the traditional solid type. Now at some point I can go out and physically check the car, but does it go by year or left/right-hand drive? Oh and any other tips for servicing? Its a 2008 hatchback model, manual 6 speed box!
Thanks

The 2.0 CRDI is a fairly rare beast on here. I would just get the standard replacement. If everything is working fine why change type (IMO)

I would get part number and price from your local dealer then check on line for cheaper priced genuine article. Part numbers for 1.6 CRDi are on here somewhere but less likely for the 2.0 which was discontinued around 6 years ago!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
I don't want to change the type, it's just that even with my registration every site is displaying 2 different filters so I have no idea which to buy  :'(
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I would go to your dealer and get the correct part number, identify the type, then buy the same type.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Your gunna have to go and have a look. Even the manual shows both types of filter on the 2.0lt.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
Turns out it was a solid filter, because a paper one would have made it too easy...
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal