i30 Owners Club

Clock Time Change

mac2 · 10 · 17652

Offline mac2

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
Apologies if this topic was covered already but I cannot see it in past threads.

When I set the time on my 2013 i30 the clock does not accept or save the change and it reverts to the old value. It means that I drive for six months with the wrong time. Any cure?

Also, the radio/clock screen goes blank at times. The radio still works but there is no display. Turning off and back on the ignition fixes it but this is inconvenient if the problem is not noticed when starting off. Anyone else have this experience?
  • i30 1.6 diesel

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sounds like time to take it to the Hyundai service centre, it may need a firmware update or possibly it's defective which warranty should cover.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Apologies if this topic was covered already but I cannot see it in past threads.

When I set the time on my 2013 i30 the clock does not accept or save the change and it reverts to the old value. It means that I drive for six months with the wrong time. Any cure?

Also, the radio/clock screen goes blank at times. The radio still works but there is no display. Turning off and back on the ignition fixes it but this is inconvenient if the problem is not noticed when starting off. Anyone else have this experience?
Hi mac. You don't say if you have and FD or GD model. In addition I think both have at leats a couple of different models of radios fitted. Maybe you could post a pic of your unit.
However, in the meantime, just a silly thing to check. When changing the time on mine, the last step after setting the new time is to push a button to have the unit accept the new time. Are you doing that?
On the  blank screen thing, does your system have a button to turn the display on and off? If so, try pushing it when the display doesn't work. It may be this is faulty. But if it works at least you wouldn't have to turn the ignition off and back on.

There may be others who have a solution but not everyone will necessarily log on over Easter. So failing all else, keep checking back.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, you turn the RHS Knob to change the time and when ready, push the RHS knob and the time will be set.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
- Well, firstly check if RDS time is off. Since mine way off and it didn't change on the time change. This might be done for you in exactly opposite way. But it takes around 10 seconds to adjust the clock to the new timer, in my case.

- Blank screen is on demand at my model, and i only use it at night, But when i want it to :D

- If the first help does not work, i believe that it's something worth driving to the dealer to fix it.

Mine is GD model.
  • 2014 GD 3 Door Hatch , 1.6 CRDi, manual

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi Mac. Craig8 suggested a trip to the dealer workshop, excellent advice from Craig and remember the radio is only covered under warranty for 3 years so get it sorted out as quick as you can.
  • i30 CW CRDI 1.6l Auto 2011

Offline lingua franca

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Glenside, Adelaide
Today in Australia Daylight Saving ended.
As the instructions to change the time is not in the 2014 Owners Manual but in the Radio Instruction Manual the following may help.

Turn on Ignition
Press Radio button on LHS of the screen
Press Setup button on LHS of the screen
Select Time and press screen to adjust hour, back one hour
Press Set
Turn off ignition

There thats done, in October adjust hour forward
  • 2014 i30 Trophy hatch 1.8 Petrol Auto white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta:

I've got about 20 clocks to change I'm going to put my Pedometer on and see how much exercise I get.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
For the purposes of clarity (esp. future readers)...  Australia has different 'std.' Hyundai head-units to the rest of the world, it seems - at least after the FD body type.  So advice from AU members may be useful;  Or may make you :wtf: or think they are :crazy1: though that is probably true :D

In many markets the 'std.' head-unit in GD i30's is, or appears to be, a mono-colour non-touch screen head unit.  In Australia the std. head-unit is a Hyundai branded, but seemingly AU market only, colour LCD touch screen head-unit - either a Hyundai GD-01 or GD-02.   Of course the 'std.' head-unit seen in many markets actually gets tailored with features for those markets - US - XM and UK - RCD  - but the front panel has the same screen and physical button layout.

Having said all that - the info from 'lingua franca' is great to know - thanks.

Today in Australia Daylight Saving ended.
As the instructions to change the time is not in the 2014 Owners Manual but in the Radio Instruction Manual the following may help.

Turn on Ignition
Press Radio button on LHS of the screen
Press Setup button on LHS of the screen
Select Time and press screen to adjust hour, back one hour
Press Set
Turn off ignition

There thats done, in October adjust hour forward
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:08:56 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal