i30 Owners Club

Hyundai I30 2012 Premium

Offline ed612313

• 1st Gear
Hi guys,
I have just recently bought a 2012 premium I30....2nd hand. Love everything bout it bar the stereo.... Its rubbish.
Im into my home stereo but I'm 15 years behind on Car stereo (as my Excel lasted 15 years :))
1st - What size are the 6 speakers?
2nd - What can i replace that front double din with?? Do i need to? Or can i just buy an amp or 2 and run my speakers from the amps?
Ill be soundproofing the car while doing this....
Plan is to buy speakers from the states and pay for install in Aus... So to do this i need to know sizes and wether the double din head unit needs to be replaced or not?
Does anyone have some solid info on I30 audio installs?
Would love to turn the boot (spare tire section) into a sub/Amp set up (and get rid of the spare)
Anyone have any pics/experiences with this?
Thanks guys
Ed
  • Hyundai 2012 I30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi ed612313 and welcome to the forum :) you'll find several topics on stereos in the electrical section...one recent is here :link: i30 Premium GD - Audio Upgrade

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Greetings Ed,

Use the search function to find threads about audio installs. The are a couple of massive installations here with the amps in the boot as you suggested. Personally, the place for true Hi-Fi is in the home, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck with the soundproofing. It has been tried here with only marginal success, so we would be grateful if you could tell us what you change and preferably with some pics as well. Perhaps what you have in mind will be more successful.

Good luck with both modifications.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Ed,

Sometime a google search will throw up threads on here our own search function wont... :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ed612313

• 1st Gear
The crazy thing is there seems to be so little about car stereo upgrades on google for the I30!!??? Cant understand it? What is the I30 called in the USA? Or Europe? Surely people have upgraded there 2012 (+) I30?
Thanks anyway guys
Ed
  • Hyundai 2012 I30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
The crazy thing is there seems to be so little about car stereo upgrades on google for the I30!!??? Cant understand it? What is the I30 called in the USA? Or Europe? Surely people have upgraded there 2012 (+) I30?
Thanks anyway guys
Ed

If you do decide to replace the OEM headunit - then you may find (but probably not) some of the info in :link: HOW TO: GD Body - Remove/Replace/Swap OEM (2DIN) headunit useful.   Only covers headunit aspect of audio in an i30.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal