i30 Owners Club

Hi from Brisbane

Bear · 22 · 4345

Offline Bear

• 1st Gear
Hi everyone. I'm new to this whole forum thing as well as a first time Hyundai buyer and a first time diesel owner - so that makes for a lot of firsts I guess  :) Well technically I'm not an owner yet - I'm still waiting on delivery of my Vivid Blue slx crdi man i30 hatch :'( Still don't have a confirmed date but the dealer has promised that it will be in July - so here's hoping.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Welcome Bear,
you are going to love it !

That's good, July. 
I have a mate up there on the north side, he can't find a Diesel to even test drive !

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Bear

Like yourself, first time Hy and first time oil burner :D

Yes, you will absolutely love it
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

• Central Coast, NSW, Australia
slx crdi man i30 hatch

Awesome stuff.  I have the same.

The CRDi is really good stuff.

Enjoy and welcome....

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome to another vivid blue :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
chrystal white is best,and by 2 of them. :lol:  welcome aboard :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Nice to see another Brisbane member, hopefully we get some more up here.

Welcome 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice to see another Brisbane member, hopefully we get some more up here.

Welcome 

Welcome Bear.. Very good choice...

P.S. Trips... if you go to the Google map section and zoom in on Brisbane there are about 20 members just in Brisbane... (many aren't very active though...)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• i30cw CRDi 1.6 Auto Vivid Blue
Welcome Bear,

You'll love the Vivid Blue, great car the crdi.

Jase

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Bear
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK

Offline Bear

• 1st Gear
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've just heard from the dealer that my car will be ready on Friday at 10am  :D :D :D

So only two more sleeps to go and it will be farewell to the 07 Lancer wagon and hello to my new i30 hatchback! Just in time for some weekend driving. I can't wait.

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
congrats, you will love the ride.

can't stop driving mine.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
So only two more sleeps to go and it will be farewell to the 07 Lancer wagon and hello to my new i30 hatchback! Just in time for some weekend driving. I can't wait.

Only two more BIG sleeps, and a couple of Nanna Naps!

Offline Bear

• 1st Gear
It's arrived and it's fantastic!!  :D  :D  :D

I picked it up on Friday morning. First thing Saturday morning it was off to the airport to put my wife on a plane and then the kids and I went on a day trip to Toowoomba, about 120km west of Brisbane. A perfect winters day for driving and a great car to drive. Given that the majority of the drive was 100km/hr two lane highway, I reset the trip computer to see what kind of highway economy I was getting in the first 24 hours of ownership. I was amazed to find the reading at 4.8l / 100km. I wasn't expecting this kind of result until the engine was run in a little. So I'm pretty happy with this result. It can only get better from here right!  :razz:

I wasn't really impressed with the dealer I went through in Brisbane (Indooroopilly) very unimpressed in fact, but the car more than makes up for their poor effort and at the end of the day, it's the car that I'm buying, not the Sales staff!!

So at this rate, I'll be back there for the 1000km service in less than two weeks. After that, I'll be searching the forums to find where in Brisbane people suggest is best to make sure my pride and joy is well looked after.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Glad you got your car Bear...  I think that's the second bad thing I have heard about that dealer on this forum!

As cheap as they SEEM to run....   you tend to go the long way to your destination in them... and that sort of eats away at some of the savings...
BUT..  well worth it  :lol:

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
So at this rate, I'll be back there for the 1000km service in less than two weeks. After that, I'll be searching the forums to find where in Brisbane people suggest is best to make sure my pride and joy is well looked after.

I purchased my car from Hyundai at Moorooka magic mile. staff are extremely friendly and i was not pushed in to the car when i went for the test drive.

The service center is spotless and i mean spotless (had the royal tour when i picked up the car)

It was the easiest and friendlily purchase / finance i have ever done and even though I haven't had my first service quite yet, i would give them * * * * *    (five stars)

but i have heard that the dealer in Ipswich is the worst in QLD (but i can't say that is from experience, just hearsay)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's arrived and it's fantastic!!  :D  :D  :D

Another diesel... :mrgreen: (I could tell soon as I read that... :mrgreen:)

Congrats m8.. enjoy..  :wink:

Offline Bear

• 1st Gear
I've had the car for two and half weeks now and I love it. My wife keeps looking for the hidden cameras because she thinks we must be on a Hyundai commercial the way I keep going on about it.  :lol:

It's been back for it's 1000km service (? hardly a service but anyway) and they fixed up a couple of the paint issues I found on the car at delivery - namely a scratch on the back driver's side door and a small chip above the front passenger door. Wasn't very impressed but they have fixed it all up now.  :)

Now my only other issue is that I went to Tint-A-Car and got their Bolle tint, which looks quite good, except I've noticed that there are small holes or bubbles (not really sure how to explain them) in the tint. Took it back and showed the guy and he said that wasn't right and to bring it back, so I'll use another one of my days off to go back for them to fix it. At least it gives me another excuse to drive the car.  :razz:

The most common comment I get on the car is "I love the colour!" (Vivid Blue) My wife drove it today and when she got back I asked her what did she think. She said she might have to call it Tommy Turbo because she fell in love with the turbo kick in 2nd and 3rd  :eek: She normally drives our AWD Verada automatic but I'm thinking she might be trying to find reasons to drive the i30 now as well. This could get messy!!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great stuff bear.. Us fellow CRDi owners know what you ar torqueing about... :razz:  I had an Nissan Stagea (imported turbo charged wagon thing..) trying to harrass me today.. Think he got P...d off when I pulled away up the hills  :lol: When I turned off the main drag he took off in a squeal of tyres... :rolleyes:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

The most common comment I get on the car is "I love the colour!" (Vivid Blue)

Couldn't agree more :cool: :razz:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal