i30 Owners Club

Clear coat coming off door handles and mirrors

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Hi Folks,
My Wifes 2009 CRDI (Shine RED) is strarting to look a bit sad as the clear coat is coming off on the door handles and side mirrors. Can live with the door handles but the mirrors look really shabby and I was wondering if just the coloured back shell of the mirrors can be replaced on this older model?

Cheers
Mark

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can get them repainted, professionally done would be roughly $80 each side for the mirrors or you could buy the stick on Chrome mirror covers :link: Chrome Side Mirror Cover Garnish Molding Trim FOR Hyundai 2008 2012 I30 I30CW | eBay

You can also get door handle covers to match :link: Chrome Door Catch Cover Molding Trim K 460 FOR Hyundai 2008 2012 I30 I30CW | eBay

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You can get them repainted, professionally done would be roughly $80 each side for the mirrors or you could buy the stick on Chrome mirror covers :link: Chrome Side Mirror Cover Garnish Molding Trim FOR Hyundai 2008 2012 I30 I30CW | eBay

You can also get door handle covers to match :link: Chrome Door Catch Cover Molding Trim K 460 FOR Hyundai 2008 2012 I30 I30CW | eBay

Damn! Craig beat me to it! Well done Craig!  :goodjob:

These ABS plastic covers are quite robust and look great. Used the handle covers on our previous 2010 CW and the mirror covers on the Wife's new tourer. Look quite dressy...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal