i30 Owners Club

SX CRDI manual fuel economy

eyecon · 6 · 2404

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi,
Just thought I should share my recent experience with the i30 CRDI economy. On a full tank I managed 1300km on a recent trip from Canberra to Sydney, then back to Goulburn, then back to Sydney, and then the remainder in the Sydney areas of M5 and M7. It was about 50-50 highway and Sydney driving.

I would get at least 1050km around town on a full tank (I have a heavy foot), but it's the first time I managed 1300km (on a light foot). I am still amazed by this, as were all my friends when I told them. I probably could have squeezed a little more if I was a bit more dicaplined. I attribute this to the tuning box which I bought from Germany several months ago. The fuel that I used on this occasion was standard fuel from an an independent service station (United) and the vehicle has just traveled 70,000km. But I usually use the Woolworths stuff 99.9% of the time.

Nevertheless I'm stoked with its economy and performance from my tuning boxed i30.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Congratulations eyecon.. You'd have to be happy with that...

70,000 kms on a 2008 model  :eek:

You can be our official guinea pig.. (although our friend Bob in S.A. can't be too far behind and there are a couple of very high mileage cars in Europe too ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Thanks Dazz,
I would have also shown some of pics of my car too because of the angel eyes and eyebrow set up, but I had to send them back to Korea last week under warranty. I had blue and red rings for angel eyes, but the red had up to 9 red LEDs that weren't working on one side. On the other side it had some annoying condensation on the inside of the polycarbonate surface, which had developed after I had my car valet washed and a high pressure hose was used. The colours still looked awesome, but I've requested a colour change to white and amber mainly for legality reasons (and also I wanted to tone it down a little to suit my style).

I'll send some pics if anybody is interested in them.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Mmmm yes please :) I bet they look superb on a grey i30
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hhhhhhhh. They're freakin' awesome. And when the angel eyes were on it commanded attention from all onlookers. Think of this analogy: Like moths to a bright lite.

I just hope I don't have continual probs with them. It costs over $110 to freight them back, and their warranty doesn't cover me sending them back. Not a good first impression from the company.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Mmmm yes please :) I bet they look superb on a grey i30

Definitely looking forward to the photos.. :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal