i30 Owners Club

GD Navigation will not work after pressing "reset to default"

pidim · 5 · 1797

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all,

I noticed there was a an existing topic back from 2012~2014, but I was unable to do anything within that, so apologies if I have duplicated anything from:  :link: 2012 i30 Sat Nav Not Working

Today I was using my Navigator in my GD Elite and it was kind of lagging and unable to keep up with me and showing maps sideways etc instead of turning to match the direction I was travelling in.  I wasn't sure what to do and went into the Nav menu (not system menu) to see if there was any reset. I had already reset the main unit several times via the pin hole process but there was no improvement.

I ended up pressing "reset to default" in the settings as a last resort.  Unfortunately, I should have stayed away from that as I received the image and error message below and after able to clear the message by carefully tapping on the "OK" section, I have been unable to get passed the "Agree" button even though it beeps with one press and then just hangs there indefinitely.  It seems the Nav section is completely not working to the point that it cannot even retrieve the time to display the clock in the normal radio display.

A lot has been written about the Nav unit from the above link, but not for some time and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get passed this screen successfully through some other method. If not, I am planning to go to the dealer in the morning to have a look at it, but I'm worried that I am 3 months out of the 3 yr warranty.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I would try removing the memory fuse or disconnecting the battery for half an hour.......
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
How did you go at the service center?
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Just letting you know, it was a good outcome. 

Dropped into the dealer, waited 15 mins and they fixed it by re-installing the software.  I'm very relieved as I thought I was in for something bigger than that.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Noce! :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal