i30 Owners Club

Two codes Grand Final weekend

Lakes · 7 · 1680

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well the Grand final weekend is over, same old thing in Victoria , I watched Hawthorn beat West Coast Eagles easy the west coast did not seem to put full effort in so was not that exciting unless you like Hawthorn but i don't even know what part of Victoria that is, i just watched the game ( wishing it was Sydney Swans or West Sydney .

But on Sunday the two Queensland teams, in the Grand Final in Sydney first time in History has a Queensland team ever been cheered by the whole crowd.
But the North Queensland Cowboys led by the best Rugby League player of his time JT!!!!! Put on the most gutsy performance to come from behind with one minute to go, to level the score then took his time setting up the ball for the conversion that was from over the sideline, only to see the ball just hit side post bounce off last minute.
then in golden time straight after kick off booted a field goal. everyone who watched that game agreed best grand final ever. the west coast Budgies should all watch that grand final replay!!!!!! thats how a true Aussie performs!!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Gotta agree, John...last night's game was fantastic, it made Saturdays AFL grand final look very ordinary...

To put it in perspective, I was that bored with the AFL grand final I went and mowed the lawn, with the rugby I sat and watched the lot..  :goodjob:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Great result in the AFL!!  I am a Hawthorn supporter.

Great game in the Rugby League.  I would agree Lakes, it was the best NRL Grand Final that I have seen.

BTW, Hawthorn is a suburb of Melbourne, on the Eastern side.  The AFL came from the VFL (Victorian Football League) which was made up of teams from Melbourne and one from Geelong.  The all originally were suburban clubs, with teams such as Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Footscray, North Melbourne, Melbourne, South Melbourne, Fitzroy, St Kilda, Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn.  South Melbourne relocated to Sydney.  Fitzroy merged with the Brisbane Bears to become the Brisbane Lions.  Expansion teams were formed to make it a national competition (Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast Eagles, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney).

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I agree Rusty !
Jamie my father only watchs AFL as he went to school in WA & played it .

But he just watchs does not have a team he just loves the game & loves Golf.

Did you watch the NRL Grand Final?

I don't know all the rules but I think the way they have changed the game & salery cap & so on making it more ompeditive had made a big difference.

My mate down VIC is also a Hawthorn tragic  :lol:

I'm Balmain Tigers!

I liked the way the Cowboys could come back play Broncos who had beat them a few weeks ago & come from behind with one minute to go take the cake!
If the West Coast could do that Saturday it would have made the game more exciting.
We could have put everything on it if had of known.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:22:13 by Lakes »

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I notice Mal Meninga predicted a 1 point win to the Cowboys.

So, apparently, did another Mal - Mal Turnbull.

As a Broncos supporter I found myself torn last night. I've enjoyed watching the Cowboys play for the last few seasons. And JT is a true gentleman of the game. More power to him.
Eventually I was wishing there could be no loser.

And although the Broncos will be devastated by the loss, I suspect with the passing of time they'll develop an immense pride in having been part of an amazing game of football.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That is how i felt Trev, thats why i was supporting NQC as JT always a Gentleman!!!
Have to spare a thought for Ben Hunt! He made two mistakes in that game, but the last one was very unlucky.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is how i felt Trev, thats why i was supporting NQC as JT always a Gentleman!!!
Have to spare a thought for Ben Hunt! He made two mistakes in that game, but the last one was very unlucky.

Definitely scores less than his cousin Mike Hunt!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal