i30 Owners Club

Hi from Mandurah, Western Australia.

Offline Ozknight

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
    • Tech Mobile Pro
G'day.

Me and the Mrs bought a i30cw 1.6l crdi auto 2010 last year. Great little car. Hoping to fit a towbar to it soon and cruise control.  Still under the 'harrier' warranty whatever that is for the next 2 years and the dealer wasn't sure if an aftermarket fit would compromise that. Might enquire about a factory install but given we just paid $1000 for the 90k service, I don't think I'd like the answer.

Great forum here. Very supportive.

Cheers
L
  • i30cw 2010 1.6 crdi

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi lcadwell

:wttc:

(Don't wait 15 month before posting again)  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
GDay, L. I held off buying mine more than a year until it came standard with CC, so I understand your desire for it. Enjoy! :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
 :welcum:

Before I forget - I notice your 'Car Profile' line reads 2012... is that a type? or do you have two?  :)   'Car Profile' field can be accessed via 'Look and Layout' from 'Modify Profile'.

Anyway the 'Harrier' warranty - :link: Harrier National - appears to be a type of warranty product given (or sold) on a used vehicle (other than the, usually short, statutory used car warranty - if applicable) by a dealer to the customer.   The Harrier site mention AWN so it seems the Harrier warranty is rebadged or based on a warranty product from: :link: AWN Home Page - AWN Insurance - Extended Warranty

At dealer business level it is an insurance product purchased to allow them to offer (or sale) a good period of warranty on a used vehicle - expressing their confidence in their stock (or at least that item) while eliminating financial burden should something happen.  If given, rather than sold, there can be other benefits - such as marketing, potential repeat customers, word of mouth by customers, etc..   I would have thought the dealership would know, or could find out (by referencing their info), or have some form of PDS or customer contact number for the warranty they could give you (so you could check).

'Harrier National - automotive dealership partners' - not too unsurprisingly they also can provide a roadside assist product (likely through one of the other assist networks - like Hyundai iCare is provided).  And Customer Satisfaction and Creation (reward for referral) programs.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:35:34 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Ozknight

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
    • Tech Mobile Pro
@Asterix
Yeh, I'm a little slow off the mark.  :head_knock:

@The gonz
I installed a command ap60 in my 2007 accent but looking at the threads it might be possible to just activate the inbuilt one on the ecu. The Mrs is getting her P's in just over a week but  doesn't hang around. Wouldn't mind getting it done sooner as I've already copped 2 fines in the last 3 years for 6km/h over  :mad:

@ibrokeit
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't need the warranty. Slight issue with the fuel cap and a couple of glow plugs but all smooth sailing so far.  :goodjob:
  • i30cw 2010 1.6 crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Luke,

Good to hear you find us supportive. Don't be a stranger.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ozknight

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
    • Tech Mobile Pro
Cheers all for the warm welcome.  :D

I noticed a fair few old threads here that I'd probably comment on otherwise. Is it a bit rude to revive something from 2010?
  • i30cw 2010 1.6 crdi

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not rude, but perhaps not of all that much interest if it's been quiet for that long, unless you have a  related problem now. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Just start a new topic - we like new topics :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wlcome02:  lcadwell, you're only a hop skip jump from me in Baldivis :)

Offline Ozknight

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
    • Tech Mobile Pro
Yeh I've spotted quite a few i30s down here. Got mum and dad to buy one too seeing as they're $19000. They got all the mod cons though like cc, rear camera and Bluetooth. Although dad actually needs a side camera as he cleaved off the wing mirror on their 2012 accent. And a truck flung a rock up and smashed the driver Window.......and a guy reversed into the drivers rear door...... Hmm. Maybe I should get em a roll cage.  :scared:
  • i30cw 2010 1.6 crdi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's three! they say they come in three's, certainly a run of bad luck for ya folks poor Accent and I'll cross my fingers for better luck with their i30 :fingers:

I tried to get my folks to buy an i30 but it was a little to low for them to get in and out of, and mum whinged about the high sides on the seats :rolleyes: I told her she not supposed to ride the edges :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal