i30 Owners Club

Interesting Link - Mobis R&D

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:44:27 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
My security software tells me that both links are 'untrusted' and warns me against clicking them.  :eek:

Can you explain what they are about please? :)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
My security software tells me that both links are 'untrusted' and warns me against clicking them.  :eek:

Can you explain what they are about please? :)

Woops - my bad - try again...  shouldn't do that now (I edited the URL).    Probably your browser was warning that too.

Mobis designs/manufactures various, and/or most, Hyundai parts - owned by Hyundai.  Can be described as Parts and Service.   Just haven't stumbled over the website before.

Looks like Mobis has both non-SSL (normal/non-encrypted) and SSL (encrypted) enabled web-servers serving their site - but their SSL certs for it aren't current and/or issued by a 'trusted' source (can happen when a site self-issues - i.e. they are caring about encryption but not necessarily proving to the user they are who they say they are... by having a trusted 3rd party e.g. VeriSign, etc., issue the cert) - I just clicked through the warning and forgot I was browsing https (SSL)... then copied and pasted.

The not having certs issued by trusted third party  - can be an indicate of badness esp. when associated with a live e-commerce site and/or one wanting you to login and/or supply details.   Can also be an indication of laziness (or improper procedure) - they were allowed to expire... which could also be bad for a customers confidence.   But it can also be a case of not really needing it... website with limited users needing SSL might self-sign, on the basis those using SSL will know to trust it anyway.  Or site going from having one, non-SSL, server to non-SSL and SSL servers - might first start by using self-signed (so once they know everything is working via. testing) then go and get trusted third party (generally those with a 'root cert') issued certs.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
BESFITS is the partnered Mobis supplier for Australia, world wide contact details can be found here :link: HYUNDAI MOBIS BESF1TS

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Useful to know.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal