i30 Owners Club

newbie from Ballarat

Andyt29 · 22 · 4345

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
Hi everyone,  i just bought myself a new Hyundai i30 active  picking it up next week :)  had a test drive  big jump from going from an Accent to a i30  after 9 years due for a upgrade i picked silver   :)

cheers

• hyuandi i30 active

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
hey Angel,   thanks :)  i was wondering if there was a forum for the i30 :)  i felt the pedal a lot different to my accent   when i did the test drive  im getting a auto  which im more use to  and saw its a bit different where u doing hill or windy road driving  where the salesman showed be said becareful not to put it that mode  if driving around town  and also love the 3 setting for the steering  will only use the normal until i get use to it  . 
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Andy and  :welcome:

Assume you're getting a 1.8 petrol as you didn't mention diesel.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
thanks Dazzler  lol opps  no its unleaded :)   :snigger:
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
thanks Craig  I prefer to stick with HYuadai   wouldnt go with anyone else :)  thers only one Hyandi car place in Ballarat which is  unusual for the size     
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Hey Andy  :welcum:

Love to see your loyalty to Hyundai. As for settings, go nuts, learn by doing i say. There's nothing you can do that cant be undone lol.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
 :welcum:

....  i felt the pedal a lot different to my accent   when i did the test drive....

Yeah - the GD i30 ('new'/2nd Gen - starting in 2012) body type has floor mounted (e.g. pivots on the bottom edge - top edge moves most) accelerators.  I am taking a good guess the Accents (at least the 9yo ones) have an accelerator pedal mounted on an arm that pivots above (like the brake pedal) - the same as the FD i30 (up to/ending in 2012) body type.

I quite notice the difference as I own an FD - then when I go back home to visit family (mother, etc.) there is a GD there... so within 24 hours I am driving a very similar, but different, car.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 00:47:20 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Welcome Andy.

My mother came from around Ballarat (Clunes actually) and I still have relatives that live in and around Ballarat.  Beautiful city/town with a great place in Australian history!!

:link: Eureka Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
Hi Ibrokeit  yeah currently got the Accent auto  yep 9 years old ten end of the year  I like the idea of the review camera  and all the buttons on the steering wheel better place for the cruise control   rather then on the stick 
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Ibrokeit  yeah currently got the Accent auto  yep 9 years old ten end of the year  I like the idea of the review camera  and all the buttons on the steering wheel better place for the cruise control   rather then on the stick

Yup - much more convenient placement of buttons.   Rear-view is the one thing I haven't experienced in an i30 yet - will do in a couple of weeks.

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
not long to go picking up thursday morning  my sister has review thats what got me intersted in them   
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
not long to go picking up thursday morning  my sister has review thats what got me intersted in them

You won't be disappointed!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
:welcum:

....  i felt the pedal a lot different to my accent   when i did the test drive....

Yeah - the GD i30 ('new'/2nd Gen - starting in 2012) body type has floor mounted (e.g. pivots on the bottom edge - top edge moves most) accelerators.  I am taking a good guess the Accents (at least the 9yo ones) have an accelerator pedal mounted on an arm that pivots above (like the brake pedal) - the same as the FD i30 (up to/ending in 2012) body type.

I quite notice the difference as I own an FD - then when I go back home to visit family (mother, etc.) there is a GD there... so within 24 hours I am driving a very similar, but different, car.

Was that just changed so that you couldn't use generic floor mats?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Was that just changed so that you couldn't use generic floor mats?

Yer - probably  :D

Seriously though - I sought of like it... you can 'rest' your foot the length of the pedal but otherwise you basically do the same thing... extend the ball of your foot forwards while leaving the heel stationary.

Trouble for me is - at least the first couple of drives or so - I position my food like for the FD... (which on the GD has the ball of your foot halfway down the pedal rather than near the top - which is furthest from fulcrum) then don't get the response I expect for exertion when I want to accelerate moderately quickly... then I suddenly realise and move my foot and much more responsive.

Offline Andyt29

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wendouree, Vic
i already gave it a run in different traffic conditions to get use to it  best move i think   :  :goodjob2:   tested out the cruise control   the new system they put in  has a cd player  as the other one didnt and also the 7inch screen  its good when they can change it if u want the nav and bigger screen u can also play dvds  .  the airbags are in the seats  back passangers got their own light and front seats pass too   love that   
tested the cooler in the glovebox  :) 
  • hyuandi i30 active

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
i already gave it a run in different traffic conditions to get use to it  best move i think   :  :goodjob2:   tested out the cruise control   the new system they put in  has a cd player  as the other one didnt and also the 7inch screen  its good when they can change it if u want the nav and bigger screen u can also play dvds  .  the airbags are in the seats  back passangers got their own light and front seats pass too   love that   
tested the cooler in the glovebox  :)

:goodjob: :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal