i30 Owners Club

Which fuse?

Bobb · 5 · 1810

Offline Bobb

• 1st Gear
Driving home tonight in heavy rain, I noticed the dashboard on my 2010 i30 was not showing me when to change up gears. When I stopped and got out and used the remote to lock the doors the headlights did not stay on and light my way to the front door. I assume a fuse has blown. Had a look in the handbook but cannot identify tge culprit. Anybody knowcwhich fuse it is?

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I very much doubt those 2 features share the same fuse.

Do you get the flash from the indicators when locking/unlocking the car with the remote..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Bobb

• 1st Gear
Hello Asterix,
Sorry for the delay in responding,been busy with family.

Ignore the reference to the  to the lights, probably me thinking I had an error after too much alcohol (the wife was driving).

However the dash board is misbehaving and is no longer showing the the correct gear to change up/down too. Just the one fault. All other functions on the display working normally, and the car is behaving as well as it did when I bought it 2010.

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Could disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so and reconnecting it solve this? I'm thinking maybe the ECU or BCM (whichever controls the gear shift indicator) had a little hiccup.

Surely it wouldn't be down to a specific sensor on the gearbox as the indicator recommends which gear to select based on engine RPM and vehicle speed?
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hello Asterix,
Sorry for the delay in responding,been busy with family.

No worries  :D

Ignore the reference to the  to the lights, probably me thinking I had an error after too much alcohol (the wife was driving).

However the dash board is misbehaving and is no longer showing the the correct gear to change up/down too. Just the one fault. All other functions on the display working normally, and the car is behaving as well as it did when I bought it 2010.

Hmm, then I'm not sure I have anything to add but to try what Wabbit say.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal