i30 Owners Club

Help needed with sunroof and bluetooth mods

Offline Bnystrom

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Nashua, NH
I have a couple of things I'd like to do on my Elantra Touring:

1- I would like to wire the sunroof to the same 30-second delay as the windows. I was able to do this fairly easily on my old XD, but I can't find a detailed enough wiring diagram for the Touring. Has anyone here done this? Are the full wiring diagrams available online anywhere?

2- I would like to rewire the Bluetooth module to work with the key in the accessory position, so I can use it without the engine running. Does anyone know if there is an appropriate hot lead in the area of the Bluetooth module/sunroof?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • 2012 Elantra Touring SE, gas 2.0L, manual, gray

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Can't help with first but on the 2nd i'm sure it works as the radio is on.

Make sure radio is turned on.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :whsaid: If the radio is on then Bluetooth should work in accessory position.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi Bnystrom....

Your skill level is way, way above mine taking on these jobs, so I can be of no help.   Phil is  usually our go to guy for technical specs and diagrams so lets hope he has what you need.

Good luck
Asa

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well, the schematic diagrams for your vehicle are segmented into each particular function. So, the sun roof schematic only shows sunroof components, which won't help much with what you want to achieve.

My suggestion is to locate the 30 second hot wire as used for the windows and send that to the + connector in the sun roof.

Here are the schematics for you car

There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
Good Luck.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Bnystrom

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Nashua, NH
Thanks for your help, Phil! I'll go over the diagrams tonight and see if I can figure out what I need to do.

Are you aware of a diagram of the main fuse panel that shows where these connections are? That's where I'd like to do the modifications, if possible.

Offline Bnystrom

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Nashua, NH
Can't help with first but on the 2nd i'm sure it works as the radio is on.

Make sure radio is turned on.
Unfortunately, that's not the case with the Elantra Touring. It uses a standalone, roof-mounted Bluetooth module that's not connected to the radio or other systems in the car.

Thanks just the same. 

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Unfortunately, that's not the case with the Elantra Touring. It uses a standalone, roof-mounted Bluetooth module that's not connected to the radio or other systems in the car.

Thanks just the same.

Oh wow - that is interesting. So the phone doesn't use the car speakers, etc.. and no phone button on the headunit.

I thought the GD models, at least in most places in the world, got a radio with B/T (phone button) like (using US examples with XM) here or this ebay listing here (though that one seems to have a scratch). Does yours have some other functionality... like navigation and/or remote driver assist?

Excepting postage would be a killer, and I have no idea if the AM/FM frequencies schemes are compatible and the power and phone buttons would be on passenger side - I would almost suggest picking this up: :link: Hyundau I30 GD 02 MP3 WMA USB AUX Bluetooth Ipod Player With AM FM Radio | eBay (good price at $75) - colour touch screen, etc..  Of course it doesn't do XM.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Anyway sorry I can't help directly with your wiring query regards to ACC power for your module.

I think it was previously discussed (well centre front roof - map lights, etc.) and the conclusion was there wasn't ACC or IGN switched power in the roof.   Rather either always on and/or a BCM switched supply (lights on on unlock/delayed lights off doors closed/immediate off on lock, etc.).

I think in one of those discussions, and maybe others, there were suggestions given on how to do wire routing from the centre front roof down to fuse, etc.. - probably for RH drive if they mention one direction or another.  Some will probably be for the older FD body.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As far as I can tell, you need to pick up a + wire that comes from the power windows as these are also timed I believe.

A multimeter would be my choice of option. You could check the fuse box, but I suspect that is not timed.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal