i30 Owners Club

I30 2010 door latch cable and recalls

PW3112 · 7 · 5990

Offline PW3112

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Buckinghamshire
My door latch cable broke last week, I got in touch with the dealer and he quoted me £336 to fit a new one.
Had a chat with the after sales manager who told me it was a rip off to charge that for a 500mm bit of cable.
Decided to see if i could find someone to complain to. Did a search for the MD of Hyundai UK and got his name, then sent a mail on the off chance that it would get through and i might get a response.
Within the hour i had a call from the executive team at Hyundai saying that my complaint would be investigated and they would get back to me within 48 hours, we will see what happens.
Maybe if you have the same problem you would like to voice your opinion to the MD? The more of us that do it maybe they will treat us better
His address is There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
By the way i also found out that there were 4 recalls on my car headlight electrics, brake light switch, heavy steering and worst of all brake pipes. i had not been informed of any of these!!

i will post back if i ever get anything from the MD

Just had an update from Hyundai executive team, they have told my local dealer that they can split the item and the cost for the cable is a massive £4.53 + vat  :happydance: :happydance:

So if you know it's the cable and they try to charge you £336 to fit a new system, write to the MD

UPDATE 13/02/2016   I have had the recall work done today and asked for the cable that should have been ordered. The parts manager said Hyundai could not supply them, just as I was about to go ballistic at him, he mentioned that he may have some from when they were on the recall and he would go and have a look. He came back with the cable and said he had a few more. I have attached photos of the cable ends and the Part number, they might be helpful sorry they are a bit out of focus, if you don't get any joy from your dealer send an email to Tony Whitehorn.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 21:34:34 by PW3112 »
  • I30 diesel

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Mine went about eighteen months ago.  I went to the dealership on another matter and the door cable was fixed at the same time FREE.

Good luck   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have emailed tony direct some 9 years ago when they only provided 1 fob.

I was told i would need to buy a 2nd for £top dollar.

Emailed tony and got 1 foc.....

Shambles did same and got 1 foc as well!

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi PW3112

:wttc:

Hyundai actually have the cable as sparepart, but for some strange reason not many dealers are aware. Search the forum and I'm sure you'll find info about it.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Found something here:

"The cable was about £8.75 "....."The Part Number of the replacement is 81371 2R000QQH"

:link: HOW TO: replace door cable (drivers door will not open from inside)
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Mine went about eighteen months ago.  I went to the dealership on another matter and the door cable was fixed at the same time FREE.

Good luck   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

My front door cables were replaced FOC in a service two years ago IIRC, neither had broken.  I had an idea it was policy to do it for free. :)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Found something here:

"The cable was about £8.75 "....."The Part Number of the replacement is 81371 2R000QQH"

:link: HOW TO: replace door cable (drivers door will not open from inside)

There was also another one quite recently wasn't there? - where the part number was given.  Maybe the executive team would 'enjoy' reading some owner's experiences - esp. in regards to some areas.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal