i30 Owners Club

Satnav type ( flip type on top dashboard )

A2Z · 8 · 1740

Offline A2Z

• 1st Gear
Can anyone help me identify the satnav type and details for an i30 from 2008, 1.6  i-catcher. ( sold in NLD ) The satnav is on top of the dashboard via a flip /swing screen. Dealer has trouble fixing it so I want to find more detail on it.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome. A 7 year old GPS wouldn't really be worth fixing in my opinion. You would be far better off trying to find a Garmin or other respected brand with lifetime map updates that will fit in the same spot.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline A2Z

• 1st Gear
Sure valid point, do you have a proposal for what model will fit in there? did someone already went this road?

• i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Try a search using keyworda Gonz and GPS. I did this in mine. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sure valid point, do you have a proposal for what model will fit in there? did someone already went this road?

Gonz mounted one in his storage bin on the top of the dashboard. Australia didn't ever get a GPS option in the series 1 i30. In fact, very few of our members got the FD model with a GPS built in.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
A2Z Like Dazz said Australia did not get a factory fitted GPS in FD model's, but we dreamt of being able to buy one & fit, as i remembered members talking about them showing pictures & trying to get one. so if the dealer does not know how to get it to work just find out what company made the software, as from my experience nothing much has changed , i had an old Garmin that worked fine, spent $ on a new one that i was never happy with & that had lifetime update, but what the mean by lifetime seems to be loosely termed!!! fix what you have as it is built in factory fitted.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Problem is John, I suspect it would be fairly low res with antiquated software and unlikely to be able to get updates too I reckon. My cheap garmin Nuvi 40 cost Under $77 with lifetime updates and they work a treat.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal