i30 Owners Club

Stereo replacement

Offline Robo2859

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Dromana, Vic
I purchased a single stacker hyandai cd radio to replace my 6 stack cd radio player all fits ok but no volume at all any ideas or any way to fix my stacker which has the CDs stuck in them and will not eject
Brian
  • 2008 l30

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Okay...

'Any ideas' part... yes.   The volume issue (or no volume) - is very likely a compatibility issue, probably not easily taken care of.  IIRC the six-stackers (PA-760) were designed to work with an external amplifier for all speakers (so had no internal amplification); while the the single stacker (PA-710) were designed to run the speakers directly - i.e. internal amplification and no facility drive an amp.

We do know when people have tried to replace a PA-760 with an FD-01 (an Australian OEM bluetooth unit - which is pinout compatible with the PA-710 - for the 1st Generation body type) it doesn't work :link: Aust - FD i30 - Missing Outside Temp. Here is how to fix it! ... I suspect for exactly the same reasons as what you are seeing.

Unfortunately I don't know the pinout to the PA-760.   If you want to use the PA-710 - then you might be able to bypass the amp by unplugging it (if you take this route be sure to totally disconnect it - no point it using power) and connecting the appropriate pins of the input and output plugs together.   This assumes that the amplifier used with the PA-760 was feed analogue (line-level), not digital signals, - and will be easier if the pin function doesn't change between PA-760 and PA-710 head units.   But I don't know the pinouts to do that (e.g. the PA-760 pinout and the pinouts for the AMP connectors).

As for the stacker with CDs in it - it will probably require disassembly.   I am not sure if there is a reset button, or manual eject lever, you can try.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Robo2859

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Dromana, Vic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal