i30 Owners Club

How do I replace mirror indicator repeater

Kelv · 6 · 2588

Offline Kelv

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Can anybody advise on hoe to replace the indicator repeater on the right hand mirror on an i30 edition
  • I30 edition

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Can anybody advise on hoe to replace the indicator repeater on the right hand mirror on an i30 edition

I have no idea what an 'i30 edition' is - the names (and minor specs/option) change per region.  What year is your car? BTW UK 'plate number' isn't understood by most who are outside the UK - so actual model year is preferable (from which, for the most part, the generation can be determined).

BTW using the Google custom search - with the term 'indicator repeater' the first result (at least for me) is the stickied HowTo I wrote on doing this for an FD (1st Gen).  If your i30 is an GD (2nd Gen) then while it might not exactly apply, it is likely to be similar.   As mentioned being I have no idea what an 'edition' is, or at least which year it is, so have no idea if it would be first (FD) or second generation (GD) and if the HowTo applies.

:link: HOW TO: i30 Side Mirror Cover, and Indicator, Removal/Replacement - FD MY10

Of interesting note (maybe for Admins) - there was a topic recently discussed just over a week ago very closely related (fixing the LEDs not working in a repeater), though interestingly isn't in the search results.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
This one..?

:link: Broken LED in mirror turn-light indicators

Yup - that would be it.   Didn't show up in the search results (at least not for me when I searched on the above) - even though I would have thought it more relevant than some of the other results that got displayed.   However I don't know the metrics it uses - and the google custom search seems to work better than the inbuilt one in any event.

Offline Kelv

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The year is late 2010 and the model is  i30 1600cc petrol. I think the edition badge on the car refers to the trim level.
  • I30 edition

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
The year is late 2010 and the model is  i30 1600cc petrol. I think the edition badge on the car refers to the trim level.

I suspect you would be correct - probably like the 'Trophy' was over here... a 'limited edition' mashup between two trim levels... for the Trophy it was SX (basic) trim level with some of the SLX (middle) trim features added IIRC.

Anyway if it is late 2010 then it will be an FD.   And the HowTo I linked to should be appropriate - AFAIK there shouldn't be a major difference between mirrors which are auto-fold and those that are manual (not sure what you would have) - just remember physical positions will be flipped.

BTW you can add your year, fuel type and capacity by going to Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Car Profile

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal