i30 Owners Club

Central locking not working.

Offline tiger44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Hi, got a problem opening the doors with the fob, tried using the key that worked but started the alarm. Tried changing the fob battery but to no avail.Could anyone suggest a remedy. My car is a 1.4. 2009 reg. Thanks. 
  • i30 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: tiger,

Does the little red LED light up when you press the buttons? Just on the off chance a ECU/BCM reset will fix the problem, I would try disconnecting the negative terminal on the car battery for a minimum of 30 minutes.  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Is it happening at other locations or only where you have the car currently parked?  :undecided:

The reason I ask is that there could be some electrical interference causing the problem...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Have you tried the spare key?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tiger44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Thanks for your input, yes the little red light is coming on when I use the key fob. Will try disconnecting the negative lead , thanks. Not sur what the other solution is sorry about that.
  • i30 2009

Offline tiger44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Yes thanks have tried the spare key same result.
  • i30 2009

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi tiger44

:wttc:

No problems locking the car with the remote..? Does the turn lights flash when you lock the car with the remote.? Do they flash when you try to open the car with the remote..?

Have you checked that all doors actually can open when you unlock the car, cause it sounds to me like one of the door actuators is stuck in closed position.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline tiger44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Thanks for that idea. I tried changing the fob battery and tried the fob away from my usual parking place. I got a good result , I am hoping this has fixed the problem. Thanks a lot.
  • i30 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that idea. I tried changing the fob battery and tried the fob away from my usual parking place. I got a good result , I am hoping this has fixed the problem. Thanks a lot.
What rusty was getting at is that sometimes transmissions from a local radio tower or something similar can block the remote signal in a certain location. So your problem may have been the battery or the location...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal