i30 Owners Club

Would you buy this 'Pop Art' Bentley for £1m?

eye30 · 7 · 1934

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Would you buy this 'Pop Art' Bentley for £1m? One-off Continental GT designed by Beatles' artist Sir Peter Blake going up for charity auction

The first 'pop art' Bentley — designed by the artist who created the album cover of The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band — is about to go on a magical mystery tour of Britain, ahead of its auction for charity.

Sir Peter Blake, 83, added his artistic touch to a £165,000 4-litre Bentley Continental GT V8 S Convertible, which is to go under the hammer with Bonhams auctioneers at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 24.

:link: RAY MASSEY: Would you buy this 'Pop Art' Bentley for £1m? One-off Continental GT designed by Beatles' artist Sir Peter Blake going up for charity auction |
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Trazza

• 2nd Gear
  • Trazza

• au Australia
      East coast of Australia

• My i30 is my significant other 💓
Would you buy this 'Pop Art' Bentley for £1m? One-off Continental GT designed by Beatles' artist Sir Peter Blake going up for charity auction

The first 'pop art' Bentley — designed by the artist who created the album cover of The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band — is about to go on a magical mystery tour of Britain, ahead of its auction for charity.

Sir Peter Blake, 83, added his artistic touch to a £165,000 4-litre Bentley Continental GT V8 S Convertible, which is to go under the hammer with Bonhams auctioneers at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 24.

:link: RAY MASSEY: Would you buy this 'Pop Art' Bentley for £1m? One-off Continental GT designed by Beatles' artist Sir Peter Blake going up for charity auction |

Not being made of money, I would have to be content with the Polo version.  Both are ghastly... But, if it's for a good cause, I could lower myself to driving one. 

Following on from that story was a survey.. 24% of men think driverless cars will allow them to drink and drive, and 27% think they can sleep behind the wheel.

Meanwhile,  they failed to survey the women's thoughts on driverless vehicles. I suspect it would be along the lines of 80% think they can apply makeup and paint their nails behind the wheel, while 99% of women polled believe they will stop being the butt of bad women driver jokes and a whopping 100% believe men will stop back seat driving while riding shotgun in a driverless car.
BRING IT ON!! 😁  :rofl:
  • 2015 i30 Active X (Gen2) 5Dr hatch, 1.8L petrol, 6speed man

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I am open to radical colour schemes etc.. but that one doesn't do it for me!  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
How can someone be proud of that as art. All the guy did was point at a part of the car pick a random colour and get someone to paint it, and a nice heart on the bonnet.
I recon i've made better artwork in the bushes during a heavy night on the piss.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
How can someone be proud of that as art. All the guy did was point at a part of the car pick a random colour and get someone to paint it, and a nice heart on the bonnet.
I recon i've made better artwork in the bushes during a heavy night on the piss.

:weneedpics:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Ghastly looking car. Totally spoiled by that paintwork. I wouldn't have it if somebody gave it to me.

Well actually I would - but would sell it.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

:weneedpics:

Lol. You buy me a plane ticket to Korea and ill try and find it. Somewhere in Itaewon.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal