i30 Owners Club

Hazard lights blink after door opening

Offline darth0s

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
Hi!
I've literally searched over the whole Internet and couldn't find the answer. If this issue was already discussed I would appreciate pointing me to the right topic  :confused:

Issue is: when I open the car using FOB, few seconds after I sit in the car, hazard lights blinks. It's not always happening and I cannot really connect it with anything else (sometimes it's aligned in time unfolding the mirrors, sometimes with turning on the ignition).. I suspect it might be somehow connected with anti-theft system. We had to disconnect siren as it was triggered randomly.. Did anyone of You have same issue?

br,
darth0s
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 22:52:35 by darth0s »
  • 2012 i30 Premium

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Hi darth0s

If my i30 is unlocked with the fob and a door/tailgate isn't opened within 30 seconds, it locks itself automatically and the indicators blink once to indicate the car is locked and the alarm is armed.

I wonder whether your car is not properly detecting that a door has been opened. Does this happen if you open a different door, other than the driver's door? Or if you open the tailgate?
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If the siren is disconnected, how does the burglar alarm, alarm   :question:

Perhaps the siren disconnect triggers your problem.

Better to have the car checked for the random siren, than taking "other measures", IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline darth0s

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
We assume that random siren firing was caused by lack of the rubber bumper under the hood (I cannot even get it from the local dealer as this version is not available on Polish market). We replaced it with makeshift rubber-ish part but it's not perfect.. That's why we disconnected the siren.

I haven't checked if hazard lights blinks when opening the passenger door as I always notice it then sitting behind the wheel :D
The self locking mechanism (when doors are not opened after unlocking) works perfectly..
For me it looks like anti theft system would like to 'tell me' that it was engaged when I was not there.

I will try to record a video today to show it in more details.
  • 2012 i30 Premium

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I think wbm00 might be correct - it sounds very much like it isn't detecting, at least sometimes, the drivers door being opened.  When you open the drivers door part of the dash display should activate and show the door being open... if it isn't then that would show the remote-unlocking/alarm functionality isn't see it.

And as wbm00 said it is re-arming the security alarm - however a recognised key being turned in the ignition will dis-arm the alarm and immobiliser.

Most likely it will be the switch on the door-frame - it is chassis earthed... so if it is loose the fix may be as simple as tightening the screw that secures it.  Another option is to swap it with one from one of the other doors (on the basis the drivers door will always get opened, so non-detection of other doors is less of an issue) until you can get a replacement.

And you are probably right about trigger and the lack of bumper under the hood - what does it look like?
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal