i30 Owners Club

i30's new engines and gearbox - being sold ! (1.6 CRDI)

accim · 11 · 3588

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I was just checking the catalog of Hyundai i30 on our Hyundai site (these 2 links: http://www.hyundai.si/filelib/vozila-natisni/hyundai_i30-prospekt-12strani-kvm.pdf and http://www.hyundai.si/filelib/vozila-natisni/katalog_-_i30_-_tehnini_podatki_17082009.pdf) and saw something interesting.. I saw that they are obviously already selling i30's with new engines and new gearboxes over here?

We also have prices for new engines (http://www.hyundai.si/filelib/ceniki/cenik_i30_14_08_2009.pdf). The price list is little bit strange, but.. You have too look down below.. In the upper chart, there are prices for 1.6 CRDI 90 hp. Stronger engines are listed in the chart below as additional equipment (strange, I know..)

So for 1.6 CRDI 128 hp you have to pay (let's say for basic equipment) 13,270 EUR (90hp) + 1,000 EUR (that's the surcharge for stronger engine) = 14,270 EUR + you have to add some 500 EUR for color, transportation, but that would be it.. So it's about 1,000 EUR (approx. AU $ 1,700? more) than current 1.6 CRDI engine.

I'll retype the "most important info" quickly of the engines in the catalog:

CURRENT two 1.6 CRDI engines

I.

1.6 CRDI LP (90 hp) -> LP stands for low power:
power: 90 hp (66kW) at 4,000 rpm
torque: 235 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm
top speed: 172 kph
acc 0-100kph: 14,9 sec
fuel cons. (/100km): 4,7 lit
emissions: 125 g/km
gearbox: 5-speed manaul

II.

1.6 CRDI HP (115 hp) -> HP stands for high power
power: 115 hp (84,6kW) at 4,000 rpm
torque: 255 Nm at 1,900-2750 rpm
top speed: 188 kph (manual) / 184 kph (auto)
acc 0-100kph: 11,6 sec (man.) / 13,4 sec (auto)
fuel cons. (/100km): 4,7 lit (man) / 5,9 lit (auto)
emissions: 125 g/km (man) / 155 g/km (auto)
gearbox: 5-speed manual and 4-speed auto

NEW ENGINES

I.

1.6 CRDI U2 LP (90hp) -> LP = low power
power: 90 hp (66kW) at 4,000 rpm
torque: 240 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm
top speed: 172 kph
acc 0-100kph: 14,9 sec
fuel cons. (/100km): 4,5 lit
emissions: 119 g/km
gearbox: 6-speed manual

II.

1.6 CRDI U2 NP (116hp) -> NP = normal power
power: 116 hp (85kW) at 4,000 rpm
torque: 260 Nm at 1,900-2,750 rpm
top speed: 188 kph / 180 kph (man/auto)
acc 0-100kph: 11,6 sec (man) / 13,4 sec (auto)
fuel cons. (/100km): 4,5 lit (man) / 5,7 lit (auto)
emissions: 119 g/km (man) / 150 g/km (auto)
gearbox: 6-speed manual and 4-speed auto

III.

1.6 CRDI U2 HP (128 hp) -> HP = high power
power: 128 hp (94kW) at 4,000 rpm
torque: 260 Nm at 1,900-2,750 rpm
top speed: 197 kph (man) / 186 kph (auto)
acc 0-100kph: 11,6 sec (man) / 13,4 sec (auto)
fuel cons. (/100km): 4,5 lit (man) / 5,7 lit (auto)
emissions: 119 g/km (manual) / 150 g/km (auto)
gearbox: 6-speed manual and 4-speed auto

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Indeed, they've been shipping for a few weeks. Also see

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,3924.0.html

We have one member going to pick up his U2/6 Speed i30 today. Mine should arrive in the next few weeks. The HP version is currently not on sale here. I presume they might use this to make this a "GT" or "Sport" model next year. It's the same engine.

In the UK these models can be identified with a 2009.5.MY name on the technical details pages.

They will need to add a DPF for the 2010 model to comply with euro5 emissions. I'm hoping the 2009.5.MY doesn't have it.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Oh sh*t. Don't know how I've missed that topic, even though I've read it and commented. I was so enthusiastic about it, so I had to write down some info. Doesn't matter I hope  :mrgreen:

Why don't you want DPF?  :rolleyes:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Hmmm

Forgetting the new engines for a sec...
with the old ones...   same size, same fuel consumption....   Why on  earth would anyone buy the 90 (LP) version ??????

Move to the new ones... same deal, only now there three of them ????????

What the ???

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
In Slovenia, most CRDI engines are 90 hp. I've also bought 90 hp engine, but couldn't stand the lack of power, so I had it chip-tuned. Some dealers also (not officially of course) sell 90 hp like this: "Buy 90 hp and if it's not enough power, we can chip-tune it for you."

I must say that 90hp engine is enough and is not enough. For most people maybe it is. But when you are driving on highways or going uphills, it isn't enough. 90 hp engine is interesting in that way, that it has quite a lot power in lower range. When comparing 90 hp and 115 hp somewhere between 1,500-2,000 rpm, you would even say 90hp goes better..But right after you pass 2,000 you can feel the difference.

So..why people buy the 90hp one? When I was buying it, the 115 hp version was available only with "COMFORT" equippment. I bought my i30 with equipment "LIFE", which is the one with less equip. So..because you could buy 115 one only with COMF. equip. it automatically means, that it costs about 1,500 EUR more (COMF equip. costs that much more) + you have to pay about 1,000 EUR for 115 hp version. That means that in the base it costed about 2,500 EUR more (about AU$ 4,230 more). You couldn't order 115 hp one with Life equip.. (mine was approx AU$ 28,000 but for 115hp I would have to pay around 32,000..).

And for 115 hp one, you pay about AU$ 250 more per year for basic insurance. For now I'm satisfied with my choice.. Doesn't have all the equip. but it has what I "need" and the engine is now 115  :wink:

It's probably the same case with the equip. again with new engines..

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Ah I see... Thanks Accim... I just thought it was an "option" on the engine.  I didn't realise the way the cleverly "packaged" them !

In that case, I don't like the tactic... de-tune it 'cause you pay less...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

The 90 hasn't been on sale in the UK for a few months now.

I don't particularly want the DPF becuase they have a bit of a reputation for causing some issues on cars that do lots of short runs. Not quite so bad for me as I do lots of long trips, but if the OH uses it it would be just around town. Its just something else to go wrong.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks for the info Accim, don't think we will see them here, but who knows.
i was just looking at the bore to stroke ratio & all the Hyundai motors run a long stroke, so makes me laugh when people try to say they love reving there 2.0Lt petrol motors. A long stroke motor is not ideal for high revs and as the piston speed is much higher will probably wear out faster if you rev them hard all the time. i like larger bore short stoke motors. people used to think a long stroke give good torque, but its the size of the motor that helps torque. also with a long stroke your piston speed is high but the real worry is when the piston gets to the top of the bore then stop and return down the bore, because of the higher piston speed its going a lot faster up the bore then has to stop dead and return back down the bore at the same faster speed. So the rods have a hard job just hope Hyundai use strong Rods. but at lower rev long stroke gets the velosity up in the ports, just these are 4 valve heads and having two exhast valves you need more revs to get them to work more efficently. but 6,000 rev's is not what i call high rev's just someone here once posted they like to rev there 2.0Lt to 8,000 rev all the time.

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.
We have one member going to pick up his U2/6 Speed i30 today. Mine should arrive in the next few weeks. The HP version is currently not on sale here. I presume they might use this to make this a "GT" or "Sport" model next year. It's the same engine.

Yep, at 5 oclock I got my hands on it and i might just add that its 'kin fantastic!!!

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
just out of curiousity has there been any rumours of any aussie release for the new diesels?
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

None at all so far. I'm sure it's the sort of question customer services would be able to answer.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal