i30 Owners Club

we just bought a 2014 I30

Offline Ben Kelly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hobart, Tas
Hi everyone,

My partner and I have just purchased a 2014 I30, so far we are very happy with it. I have a question about the Bluetooth and pairing with our phones, currently there are 2 phones connected which we can't delete and the Bluetooth version on the general page has no version number. If anyone could give me some advice on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • 2001 Subaru Outback 2014 Hyundai I30

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc: Ben

I'm not sure how dissimilar your 2014 is from my 2013 with a GD01 head unit but from the settings button on the left you enter the settings screen, choose Bluetooth then Device Manager and from their you should have - and + icons to remove and add devices, you may have to disconnect before removing a device.

Offline Ben Kelly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hobart, Tas
Thanks Craig,

I just tried that but device manager is showing disconnected it will not remove the phones previously installed or even show up on the phone Bluetooth for my partner or myself  (iphone5 and 5s) as the car still has new car warranty and we bought it from the dealership who sold it originally should I ask them to fix it?

Thanks again,

Ben

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes I would ask Hyundai to look at it, it could be a known issue that maybe a reset or firmware upgrade may fix :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Craig,

I just tried that but device manager is showing disconnected it will not remove the phones previously installed or even show up on the phone Bluetooth for my partner or myself  (iphone5 and 5s) as the car still has new car warranty and we bought it from the dealership who sold it originally should I ask them to fix it?

Thanks again,

Ben

Hi Ben and  :wlcome01:

I'm one of the founders of the club (2008) and also live in Tassie. Motors were good with helping me sort a phone issue with my non-Hyundai car so definitely approach them for help.

Also keep monitoring this thread for other replies though as we have a friendly helpful bunch of members, but some have to work so don't come on every day.  :cool:

Funny, but I had an ex- Brother in law called Ben Kelly.. they say all us Taswegians are related!  :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ben Kelly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hobart, Tas
Hi Dazzler,

I will certainly take our car back to Motors, they've already said to contact them regarding any issues after the sale, our car has the balance of the new car warranty,when that expires in 2019 the Motors 2 year warranty kicks in so with warranty until 2021 we have ourselves a great deal of protection.
As for the brother in law part , it's not me but that's not to say we don't know each other, as you know in Tas the 6 degrees of separation rule is halved.

Thanks,

Ben

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Welcome Ben, I have the same year i30 as you. Sounds like a brilliant warranty you've got there given it only begins after the 5 year Hyundai warranty ends :goodjob:
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Ben Kelly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hobart, Tas
Hi All,

Just a quick update, the dealership called me today more to see how we  are going with our I30, I let the sales consultant know about the radio/phone issue we have, he called the service department and within a few minutes I was talking to the service manager who informed the radio requires a reset or firmware update just bring the car in and he will have it sorted out. Very happy with service of this high
standard, will update again once the radio is fixed.

Regards,

Ben

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal