i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 1.6 diesel fuel filter replacement

DERVi30 · 6 · 15570

Offline DERVi30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi to everyone on the i30 forum!!

My partner owns a 2104 Hyundai I30 CRDI which I have serviced since first ownership. Its next due a service at 40k and one of the service items is replacement of the diesel fuel filter. I have located the filter behind the battery/ECU but can anyone tell me, point me in the right direction on how to change it?? The filter housing is designed differently to the first generation i30 diesel model.......it still has a manual fuel primer, but the fuel hoses look like they are moulded to the fuel filter housing and the fasteners securing the housing are located in the nearside front wheel arch??

Any information would be gladly appreciated in preparation for the service soon!!

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a workshop service manual for the second generation i30 yet??

Thank you to everyone taking time to read my question on the forum!!
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI 2014

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: I'm no mechanic, but hopefully someone more helpful will come along soon.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline DERVi30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi everyone!!

Just wondered if anyone on the forum has any information regarding the fuel filter change on my 2014 Hyundai i30 CDI??

I can't find any information regarding the fuel filter replacement at 40k and there doesn't seem to be any workshop service, repair manuals available?? I'm guessing the vehicle is too new and most owners of this age car are still taking them for servicing at their Hyundai main agent garage.

If anyone could assist me on the matter, then it would be very much appreciated!! Again, the filter is slightly different to the generation 1 Hyundai i30 diesel!!

Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Take care everyone and happy i30 motoring!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry you haven't had a response yet. Tim may be able to help. @cruiserfied
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
Hi,

To change fuel filter there is a quick disconnect tabs you need to press.
Procedure is the same as on the old model of i30.

Here is the picture of pipe connector location.  Just press this blue button and pull the pipe out.

• 1.6crdi

Offline DERVi30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi
Thank you for replying to my question, much appreciated!!

Great to know the fuel pipes have quick release connectors.......not apparently obvious as they are routed behind battery, ECU hence why I could not see them!!

The only difference I can see from the 1st generation i30 and the 2nd generation is the mounting of the fuel filter housing. The bolts holding the fuel filter housing on earlier models are accessed from the engine bay, but the newer model looks to be fastened from inside the wheel arch as the bolt heads are on the opposite side.

Final question promise!! Bleeding the fuel filter, I have noticed a small m6 bolt at the top of the filter housing with a cross head in the middle. Is this removed while using the hand primer to prime the new filter with diesel??

Again, thank you for all your help, I just wanted to get ready for the 40k service which is due soon!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal