i30 Owners Club

Engine problem

Offline Kliment

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
Hi guys,
I just bought a hyundai i30 1.4 bifuel 2009 with LPG instaled (BRC) and after driving a 100 km the check engine signal turned on and until then it is still on for 10 days.I do not have any kind of problem driving, the engine is so quiet. So I went to the official hyundai service here and they told me that there was some kind of malfunction with the CBT valve that contol the motor oil.First they thought that maybe it was from using a bad motor oil so I changed it along with the oil filter and the signal is still on.Also I turned off the LPG to drive on fuel and nothing has changed.
So can anyone please share if he had a problem like this?
Thank's upfront
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 fuel 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: It can sometimes be helpful to share your location in these circumstance.

Very few (if any) dual fuel owners on the site, so please be patient for answers.

I find it annoying when service places clutch at straws making you incur unnecessary expenses to try and fix the problem.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My first thought would be one of the exhaust sensors is detecting a faulty catalytic converter, or the sensor itself has possibly burnt out due to running LPG, did Hyundai mention what the fault code was?

Was the LPG system fitted by Hyundai or a third party installer?

Offline Kliment

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
First thank's for writing so soon  :)
About the LPG I only know that is BRC italian I think,and when I was in Hyundai they erase the "mistake" and the check engine was no longer signaling so they told me to drive on fuel and to turn down the LPG so if the signal starts again then wile will know that it is not the LPG. So I did that and I was driving for 10 min and the signal turn on again.When I was there they only told me that it was this CBT valve and if it continious to signal then I need to give them the car so that they will check what it is  :wacko: and when I asked for how long they said we dont know will see. Then I went to another mechanic and he made a computer diagnostic also and told me that it was the CTV valve so I don't now is it the same or what...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There might be some misinterpretation between CBT and CTV :undecided: I think maybe it's the same thing :undecided: and if it is then there's your answer.

Offline Kliment

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
So,I just came back from a weekend and the driving was very smooth only complain is that when I was trying to overtake a car in front of me I've changed to a smaller gear but my car needed more time to accomplish the acceleration in comparison with other cars that I have driven already,for example a Fiat Punto 1.2 fuel LPG.
 Is that normal for this engine displacement (1.4) or maybe it has something common with the check engine signal that is still on??

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal