i30 Owners Club

1 week to go

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Well went to the dealer today to see my car, literally still under wraps (only just come off transporter) and battery etc disconnected but nice to check she had no bumps! Having the reversing sensors fitted but have to wait for leather steering wheel for another week. Collect her next Saturday, nice surprise with the insurance as it was £15 cheaper than my 10 year old Mondeo so (Inc admin charge) nowt extra to pay.
As my 3 year old would say 7 sleeps to go.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Lucky You!

If your old cars is scrappage don't forget to keep the tax disc and reclaim any unused months.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Lucky You!

If your old cars is scrappage don't forget to keep the tax disc and reclaim any unused months.

Luckily my tax runs out the end of this month, so have just declared it SORN from 1st of Nov onwards to avoid any automatic fines between handing it to dealer and it being scrapped/ownership changing.

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK
7 days will go quick enough. When i handed my over it had 1 days tax left on it :D how was that for timing

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid news :D

... so have just declared it SORN...

For our overseas members this means "Statutory Off Road Notification" where you tell the Vehicle Licensing authority that the car is not taxed but will not be used on a public road :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Roll on next Saturday.

Don't forget to give an update ASAP.

If you want you cam leave it until Sunday :lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK

... so have just declared it SORN...

For our overseas members this means "Statutory Off Road Notification" where you tell the Vehicle Licensing authority that the car is not taxed but will not be used on a public road :)

Sorry, keep forgetting "we" aren't all from Blightey!

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Roll on next Saturday.

Don't forget to give an udate ASAP.

Have got to drive her to Wales and back on the Sunday so wont post any pics until I've had time to get her looking her best again!!
Have got the reg but unsure what to call her, have got HY in the reg so that's nice.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
So it's a "she" then yes? Great

Hyacinth

Hyawatha

Hy-di-hi

.. the list goes on and on :lol:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Have got to drive her to Wales and back on the Sunday so wont post any pics until I've had time to get her looking her best again!!

You will get a really good feel for your car on that sort of run.  I take it you will using motorway, A Roads, side roads etc so you will feel and appreciate its full potential.

Have got the reg but unsure what to call her, have got HY in the reg so that's nice.

Call it HY (HI)

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK

You will get a really good feel for your car on that sort of run.  I take it you will using motorway, A Roads, side roads etc so you will feel and appreciate its full potential.

Call it HY (HI)

Yes will be driving the best and worst roads Wales has to offer (Including the wonderful run over Llangurig with some excellent twisty bits).

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Call it HY (HI)

Yes will be driving the best and worst roads Wales has to offer (Including the wonderful run over Llangurig with some excellent twisty bits).

The ESP should make it feel as if it's on a track. Sure footing (I mean driving).

Can you keep an eye on the instrument panel and let us know if the ESP light activates as you navigate the winding roads of Wales.  If it does let us know what feel you get.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
I have a feeling if I drive it hard enough to get the ESP light on after 1 day of ownership the wife might cut my congical rights along with other things :eek:

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
Becareful you got to let it run in first, dont boot it just yet

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Running in is a funny subject with much conflicting advice nowadays!

Anyway, 6 sleeps to go for PUFC :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I have a feeling if I drive it hard enough to get the ESP light on after 1 day of ownership the wife might cut my congical rights along with other things :eek:

Oh I wasn't asking you you to push it hard. Just drive as you would normally drive.

With the twisting roads and there may be a fair amount of moisture on the roads the ESP light might activate.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Well one sleep to go. :D Plans have changed and I'm driving to Wales about an hour after picking her up so might not sleep too well tonight with the excitement.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Make sure you check the oil level and coolant level!

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Make sure you check the oil level and coolant level!

You would hope that is done in the pre release checks etc by the dealer but I will check. What's the standard fuel amount in the car from pick up? Is it the minimum the dealer can get in it to start it? :lol:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Check the coolant level because if it's like the i10s/i20s they are shipped low and topped up by the dealer. There are odd reports of it not being topped up.

Your on the road fee included £10 of fuel.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK

Your on the road fee included £10 of fuel.

Well the rate prices are going up here, 6p in the last week that might just get me home. :'(

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Well I have now had the car for nearly four days and have driven 360 miles. Very happy, only a couple of gripes:
1. Distance to fill on the trip says 330 from full when it obviously has around 490 (Calculated 41mpg from first tank).
2. Dealer fitted reversing sensors beep all the time to "Let you know they're working" though do get quicker/solid when nearer to an obstacle.
3. Tyre noise on bad roads is quite loud, will defo get quieter tyres when time to change.

These are only minor gripes overall, the car is a beauty, spent most of yesterday polishing her with a smile on my face. Neighbours very impressed. Will post piccies if it stops raining.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Top stuff :D

My sensors beep once when I engage reverse, but then only beep again when I start to close in on my garden wall

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

polishing in the rain,, that's dedication  :razz:

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
Top stuff :D

My sensors beep once when I engage reverse, but then only beep again when I start to close in on my garden wall

i assume they're the factory fitted ones, that is how ALL my previous ones have worked. These being dealer fitted aren't the same apparentley? Strange one as they beep all over the place, it is confusing is there something there or not? The head mechanic at the dealers insisted this is how they work and it was normal.

Offline PUFC Guy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Telford

• Telford UK
polishing in the rain,, that's dedication  :razz:
I would like to point out that I'm not that mad, though I have in the past finished off washing my car when it has rained 1/2 way through cleaning it, neighbours give you the weirdest looks :lol:

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

join the club, still with a car like the I30, keeping it gleeming is a dream to do

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal