'petrolgate'

eye30 · 3 · 1420

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Are carmakers facing a 'petrolgate' scandal?

Study claims vehicles with small petrol engines are producing high levels of killer emissions

Small petrol engines have been found to be producing high levels of particulate matterTransport & Environment said these emissions are linked to lung cancer

The campaign group said emissions can be reduced with the addition of a £22 filter but carmakers want to avoid using them over cost

VW has committed to fitting the gasoline particulate filters from 2017

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3873928/Are-carmakers-facing-petrolgate-scandal-emissions.html
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I'm alright Jack - my next car a new Niro hybrid has a 1.6 petrol - no turbo - running on the Atkinson cycle. No significant nasty emissions other than CO2.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline dnalor50

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
AlanHo says "........No significant nasty emissions other than CO2. "

I agree that particulates, unburnt hydrocarbons, oxides of sulphur and nitrogen etc should be eliminated from car exhausts, but CO2 is benign and it's wrong to label it as a pollutant (or nasty). US navy submarines tolerate up to 8000ppm in their air supply (as opposed to the 400ppm in the atmoshpere) and the navy guys do just fine. Plants also love lots of CO2 as any botanist will tell you. It has been suggested that CO2 is the "control knob" for the planets surface temperature but I'll remain sceptical for now.  :undecided:
  • Hyundai i30 SR 2.0 GDI 2015 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal