i30 Owners Club

FD i30 A4CF2 Automatic Transmission Fluid Flush

tw2005 · 2 · 4535

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Been on my gonna list for a while I finally got around to doing an Automatic Transmission Fluid Flush on my i30 FD CRDi.

Found these videos handy.

:link: 10 Min Automatic Transmission Fluid Flush + Replacement (Most Cars) - YouTube

:link: 2008 Hyundai Elantra Transmission Service (Flush, Torque Converter, Oil Cooler & Pan) - YouTube

If considering a drain and fill, my personal opinion is it's a waste of time. From what i saw, about 2 litres will drain leaving 4.6 litres of dirty fluid behind.

A couple of months ago I was too lazy drained 2 litres, topped it with fresh SP3, drove a bit, drained again, topped.  Did little.

So today I had 1 litre of sp3 and another 8 Lt of Penrite ATF FS Multi Vehicle (full synthetic)

Drain the pan, added 2 lt, then removed the top hose of the trans cooler on the (passenger) side of the radiator.

Then loosened the flange joint, relocated the outlet to make it easier, attached some 8mm clear hose I got from bunnings ($12)

I also removed the cold intake to get better access.

clamped the other end to a 11Lt bucket, started the car and watched it pump out about 2lt then as it started to splutter(pump running dry), shut it down , top up repeat until it was clear red fluid. I could have kept adding the fluid as it pumped but I knew it'd be tight with the qty I had.

Stopped and had about 2.8lt to get the the level right .

What came out was pretty dark brown and not clear even having drained and filled twice

Item Specified lubricant Quantity
Transaxle fluid 6.6 Lt  (6.9 US qt, 5.81 IMP qt) GENUINE DIAMOND ATF SP-III or SK ATF SP -III

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks tw :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal