i30 Owners Club

problem with 2011 i30 cruise control.

Offline i30driver

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Recently my 2nd hand 2011 i30 cruise control has stopped working. It was working intermitently until this last week. Has anyone else experienced this same problem. How can I get it fixed.
Signed one very annoyed female driver.
  • i30 2011 Turbo diesel 5dr

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The Hy cc only activates after it has recognised a brake application. Check all your brake lights and in particular the brake switch, there was a recall to replace the switch on certain models and i think yours would be one of those. The replacement switch is a special switch too, made specifically for Hy's with cc. The replacement should be at no cost to you.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good morning. :winker: Nice to meet you... BTW, we aren't an official Hyundai site, just a bunch of (mostly) friendly i30 owners who like to have a bit of fun and fellowship while helping others.

I suspect you may have a faulty brake light switch ( a past recall item) so might be worth getting your dealer to check their records and/or the operation of your brake lights as this can apparently effect the CC

Edit. Phil sort of beat me to it!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30driver

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the Brake Switch? I am a female car owner and have no idea where anything is . I only know the cruise control has stopped working. Is a brake light supposed to stay lit on the dash or is it a failed light?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You should check with Hy to see if a replacement switch was required and has been performed. It's inside the car and not worth you knowing where to look as you won't be able to tell if it's faulty or not. No lights stay on and all brake lights would have to be not working for a fault like yours. This would be very dangerous driving as following traffic won;t know you're braking, so get it checked ASAP. Hy can check your car by it's vin number to see what is required.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What Phil said although apparently it can be an intermittent fault and can just cause a delay in brake lights engaging rather than a total failure (but can also disrupt cc operation)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30driver

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thanks Phil for the info/advise. I will contact Hyundai ASAP.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal