Four carmakers to build 400 new charging sites across Europe by 2020

eye30 · 13 · 2614

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
BMW, Mercedes, Ford and VW join forces for electric car chargers across Europe with almost three times as much power as Tesla's Superchargers

It will mean thousands more electric charging posts on major routes

New 350kW fast chargers will slash charging times and better the 120kW Tesla Supercharger network
    Tesla currently claims to have 744 Supercharger stations across Europe

Four carmakers to build 400 new charging sites across Europe by 2020

It will mean thousands more electric charging posts on major routes

New 350kW fast chargers will slash charging times and better the 120kW Tesla Supercharger network

Tesla currently claims to have 744 Supercharger stations across Europe

:link: Carmakers join forces for high-powered electric car charging across Europe | Daily Mail Online
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Frodsham services (near to you) have had them for ages now....  I tend not to stop there very often these days to avoid eating Macdougles crap  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Frodsham services (near to you) have had them for ages now....  I tend not to stop there very often these days to avoid eating Macdougles crap  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Cheers
Only ever called into this place once when it first opened just to have a look at the facilities.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
wait till there is a lot of electric cars on the road, then the recharge cost will shock you!! :scared:
whats your thought's on electric cars? & what distance between charges?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very limited charging points around Tasmania. There is a review/ report on a 1200 KIlometres trip around Tassie in a Tesla S in the latest RACT magazine and the guy had to "baby" it most of the way to get from point to point because of our hilly terrain... I much prefer the Hybrid concept.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Barcelona has Metro-style underground parking straight off the street at seemingly every intersection and many of them show charging station signs. The local police ride electric motorbikes, too.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
In Paris at the moment and there is electronic charging stations everywhere with most of them being for autolib car sharing. It seems like a great idea for people living inner city. Just pick up a car, do your commute and return it to the charging station when finished.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

In Paris at the moment and there is electronic charging stations everywhere with most of them being for autolib car sharing. It seems like a great idea for people living inner city. Just pick up a car, do your commute and return it to the charging station when finished.

So like Uber for car rental? Wouldn't get me sharing my car with strangers...  :undecided:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds like a city car not for  the aussie bush thats for sure.
I wonder if the fact they are powered by electric motors has any effect on your health?
Like friends of mine live in a beautiful isolated area on the water in a valley, ten minutes from town, they want me to come out experience it as say the air is so pure you can notice the difference. & now they are on solar power the can feel the difference between solar & electric power. i was not aware it was noticeable?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wonder in what way they can tell the difference? (Might have to google that!)

I was planning to maybe go to battery system in early 2018...

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I wonder myself, as i can't feel the difference between lights on lights off or , city to country, but when your in a rural area in winter, i can feel a temperature change between in a town with all the lights on & when you get out of town at night where its pitch black it feels cooler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Sorry, don't believe any of that.

You'd have to live next to a power generator facility to "feel" and difference. They do output some heat into the atmosphere and sometimes water courses. but if you're not close it won't make any difference.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Sounds like a city car not for  the aussie bush thats for sure.
I wonder if the fact they are powered by electric motors has any effect on your health?
Like friends of mine live in a beautiful isolated area on the water in a valley, ten minutes from town, they want me to come out experience it as say the air is so pure you can notice the difference. & now they are on solar power the can feel the difference between solar & electric power. i was not aware it was noticeable?
If you saw how the French park, you would not want to own a car!

Seen those photos of cars parked bumper to bumper? That is just a typical street in France. I saw someone parallel park their new Renault Clio between a new 3 series BMW and a Smart Car... They call them bumpers for a reason. He would have bumped each car 3 times.

I think the whole communal car thing is a great idea for the city. (I've got friends in Melbourne that sold their car because they were paying stupid amounts of money for a perminate car space.

... Feel the difference? Sounds like someone is on some happy drugs to me...

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal