i30 Owners Club

i need help from fellow korean members (if any)!!

30L6805 · 10 · 1967

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
Vietnam is a strange country where the government allows (or dont care) p.importers to import Korean Domestic Model into the country. my i30's user manual is in korean! so will be my new santa fe 2010! :( i30 is not so bad as the system panel all in english but this santa fe 2010 have some korean characters in their system panel where they tell you trip A/B, odometer etc.

worst is that this 2010 is rather high tech and complicated in features hence i really need Korean members (Bro & Sis) to assist me to understand how to use its features and some general information useful during my drive.

i hope fellow i30 members pardon my non-i30 topic here. on the bright side, its a Hyundai!!! :lol:

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Can you use Google Language Tools perhaps?  Its a bit tedious but may be an option.  I guess the hard part is putting Korean characters into Google in the first place.

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
my idea is to get a english speaking korean to help me to ask hyundai in korea to see if santa fe 2010 which i just bought, in korean instrument panel, to see if can be switch to english instrument panel by doing some configuration with the car.

the instrument panel all in korean characters except Trip A/B, Eco On/Off. the bluetooth feature also with korean-speaking woman which i dont understand. i managed to follow the pairing method on internet demo clip for kia soul which uses similar media console.

i think those foreigner in korea may face this problem if they buy any korean-made car, and hyundai MAY have some setup methods to switch the car system to english. i hope can be done, if not i have to learn to speak korean for 'Dial/Call' etc for phone operations.

currently i am using nokia e71 voice function to dial...

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
What a pain in the @rse.  Hopefully - like you say its easy to change the defaults, like changing temp readout between Fahrenheit and Celsius or the clock between 12 and 24 hour or the economy between l/100km or MPG.  Good luck! 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I suggest you PM "Seoul-mate" (Russ) for help .. He'll know what to do...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The Toyota Soarer, brought into Australia as a parallel import has a similar problem and they need to download some updates into it to make it useable. So it may not be a simple thing. Or Hyundai might have a "behind the scenes" trick up their sleeve.
Good luck.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
PM sent! lets hope for his return...

I suggest you PM "Seoul-mate" (Russ) for help .. He'll know what to do...

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I will try to get some info.
Might take me some time to get a response from Korea though.
Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
many thanks Russ!

i will upload photo of my new santa fe later once my busy-ness is over ha...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal