i30 Owners Club

Gd-02 and gd-03 comparison

kris · 3 · 1758

Offline kris

• 1st Gear

• Sydney, Australia
Hi all,

This is my first time posting, so I hope I am sticking to the rules.

I currently have a 2015 activex which has the gd-02 head unit installed and was looking to upgrade to the gd-03.

Does anyone know what the specifications are and any noticeable difference other than the size in screen and Android auto?

And would it be worth installing this head unit or should I opt for an aftermarket unit?

I have been trying to locate the manual online for the gd-03 but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
  • 2015 activex

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Kris,

This has been discussed on here recently. Where were you hoping to pick up a gd-03 Audio? Hyundai via the dealer will want big $$$ for one! I would expect a Kenwood, Pioneer or similar might be better value for money.

I will add any links to GD-03 related discussion below...

:link: GD-03 - Android Auto?

:link: GD-01 to GD-03 Upgrade

:link: Upgrade GD-02 to GD-03
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline kris

• 1st Gear

• Sydney, Australia
Thanks for that Dazzler!

I've been looking both on ebay and just any auto wreckers website if they have any. Just my main concern was that I was wondering how it stacks up as far as performance compared to the gd-02.

I already have some Morel Maximo speakers installed in the front and was looking at maybe going down the path of a new head unit and amp/sub.

Thought I'd look into the gd-03 seeing as it has the larger screen and Android auto.
  • 2015 activex

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal