i30 Owners Club

Here i go again, Back on Vortex

Lakes · 5 · 2042

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi All well i used two fill ups with Mobil Diesel also i used som Diesel power aditive @ 1mm per Litre ratio, the car was runing about the same after the first fill up, putting 52L of Mobile in the tank, then i have to go away and was going to cover 1,000k on the weekend so put 40L of Mobil in the tank and some diesel power aditive. it still ran well, most of my trip was in 5th gear i drove for 4 hours non stop covering 370K i left work at 3pm in sydney got to my girlfriends 4 hours later took her out to dinner. i then drover her around the next day shopping and visiting friends covered another 300k ( up the bush you sure do get around just going to a few towns as long way apart ) then i get home sunday and drive to work and home next day and on way home from work fuel light came on, 1,060k i had been really giving the speed limit a bashing on the back roads up there so expected it to use more than normal. in the bush i could not notice much difference but in the city stop and start going through the gears i could notice less responce on the mobil, so i went filled up with Caltex Vortex Diesel, i looked and looked but could not see ( could contain 2% bio ) so must be same as i've always used cost 5 cents more per Litre. i put 55L in to the top, could not notice any different but after driving 80k on the Vortex its more responcive again and goes a bit better love it so i'll stay with vortex while i can.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
nice read...thanks....we dun even get vortex..up here in the NT...

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Gurkha, glad you like the read. sorry you can't get it up NT. i,m not sure were it is refined but would be handy to know. another thing i like about it is ease of fill up, but right near full it spits fuel out the filler if not careful. how life going for you up the Top End?
cheers

Pip
..got to my girlfriends 4 hours later took her out to dinner. i then drover her around the next day shopping...

Lakes,
Over the year or so I've been here I've truly enjoyed (without judgement) your ability to macerate the written language but I really do equally enjoy your very obvious practical approach to cars, and life.  I hope your GF appreciates what I think I see.

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Pip, thanks mate. half my problem is, i still can't type, i still look at keyboard.
The GF is coming down for Christmas, so that's great.
I also enjoy reading what you post too, and you give good advice,& real world experience.
One of the things i love about this little i30 CRDi is, it's ability to take me 1,000k+ before needing fuel. also it's been trouble free, i have not had to have one adjustment even handbrake is as it came.
Well Pip i hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas & all the best for the new year.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal