i30 Owners Club

got 840k gauge @ middle mark on fuel gauge

Lakes · 4 · 2110

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I just got back from a trip out west, filled my tank on wednesday in sydney, went away friday afternoon from work, drove for economy, thought i would have driven further but did not do as much driving as first planed. still did a lot of short trips in the town i was staying. so could have got better if i did not do the short trips. buyt home now with 840k showing on trip distance and fuel gauge needle is at half way mark will fill up tomorrow to check economy but tank has Caltex Vortex diesel in it. i think it would be around same as when i did 1,300 from the one tank got 4.4L/100k that time.

Pip
I'm not sure if you are skiting about how much you are hoping to get outa the tank or complaining about the inaccurate fuel gauge. :D

Either way  I bet a fiver you don't get the same from the second half. :wink:

EDIT: I just reread and see you are not going to test the second half anyway so my fiver is safe.

I've let my trip computer run for a couple of tanks and right now it's saying 4.7l/100km. A lot of that was country miles though. Best I've seen is 4.4l/100km after a country trip immediately after a fill/reset. I usually average 5.0l/100km after my usual mix of 50/50 country and city driving.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
hey pip just saying what anyone can get if they drive for economy mate. i already said , when my car was almost new i drove 1,300k on the one tank and about 800k was at half mark on gauge so the last half got me 500k, BUt mate i was in the bush  i'm back home in Sydney, i'll comute to a servo 25k from home fill up as no computer. but my V8 ute's trip PC shows 12L/100k all sydney traffic and also towing a trailer its auto.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well i just filled tank to the top. i need to point out that i always fill my tank to the top on Vortex ,so the gauge stays @ full till 250k or there abouts in the city, it stays at full to about 300k in country. & if i drive for economy ( this does not mean like an old ....... :wink:) if i drive for economy i can go around 350k before gauge goes off the full mark. then have found its roughly 250k in the country between the marks on the tank gauge, but if i pay attention and try for economy can increase that margine. i just filled up and as i predicted worked out @ 4.40L/100K this is first time i have got to 4.4 per 100k useing vortex diesel, the last time i averaged 4.4 was with mobile. but on the trip down the coast to Melb i went 1,030k and could only get 44L in to fill the tank so that trip slightly better on Vortex but had to fill up on BP down there.

For those that want to fill the tank right up, i point the spout upwards and toward the side of the filler tube, this causes the diesel to spin in a fast counter clockwise dirrection it makes it easy to fill uip and does not spit. but useing foaming diesel could be different  but can't see why, just it takes time for foaming to go down.
a side note, i did not use the air conditioning.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal