Altering my personalised plates

Dazzler · 31 · 8247

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have had personalised plates for about 8 years (they have been on 4 different vehicles) They only cost $295 once of cost in 2010 .

I changed the letters from Blue to Black when i got my SR 9 months ago (Naughty)  :snigger: and clear coated them to make them last, but the clear coat has yellowed and looks crap. So Tasplates lets you revise them "from" only $149 which is what the revised ones I ordered today have cost.  :victory:

This is before (old photo before I painted the letters black) and what the new ones I have ordered will look like.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
The blue colour stands out well Dazz, maybe because the letters & numbers look larger than the red ones. Like to see the real ones when fitted.  :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 00:43:11 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The blue colour stands out well Dazz, maybe because the letters & numbers look larger than the red ones. Like to see the real ones when fitted.  :goodjob2:

Yes John I agree. I assume the red will be the same size in reality. I just took them off their email.  Take about 3 weeks to come apparently. I will post a picture when I swap them over. I have to return the old ones I modified.  Hope they don't growl!  :snigger:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You’ll have to keep buying red cars now Dazz :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In uk you have to conform to specific colour for front and rear plate lettering and background colour.

Is that the same for tassie/aust plates
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
In uk you have to conform to specific colour for front and rear plate lettering and background colour.

You can pretty much have any colour you wish if you're paying for it.

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/plateswa.asp

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/intense-series-plates.asp

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You can pretty much have any colour you wish if you're paying for it.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/plateswa.asp

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/intense-series-plates.asp

:whsaid:

There was a big choice of combos on the Tassie site...

:link: TasPlates

You’ll have to keep buying red cars now Dazz :)

Not really Craig. They would look great on a white or a black car. At $149 I could afford to change them again when I swap cars anyway.  :victory:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice move, Dazz. Now your plates will fade at the same rate as your car. :rofl:

OK, no more cracks about fading. :winker:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice move, Dazz. Now your plates will fade at the same rate as your car. :rofl:

OK, no more cracks about fading. :winker:

So they should still match then.... :whistler: :evil: :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Got my revised plates. Very happy. They look so much bettter. Talking of red cars an older lady got out of this yesterday. I thought this RX8 looked awesome with that choice of wheel.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust

As CraigB has mentioned, lotsa styles available, in NSW custom plates cost $300? PLUS $105pa  :crazy1: so can get expensive.
Our RMS/RTA has outsourced the plate sales to MyPlates
Thankfully we got our custom plates way back before they decided it was a good money making scheme ~ NW7171 (got married in 1971 but that # is taken)
Got no excuse on rembering how many years married, eh  :razz:

Woops, just playing around on the MyPlates website for custom plate design & the annual fee for these is $454!!
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
just playing around on the MyPlates website for custom plate design & the annual fee for these is $454!!
What a rip off :disapp: no ongoing fees here, once you've bought the plates then that's it...you own em.

Mine are the Platinum plates which are $120, you don't get a choice of letters or numbers which I wasn't interested in anyway but they're great for styling :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Got my revised plates. Very happy. They look so much bettter.

Looks great Dazz :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks guys definitely worth a one of $149. I wouldn't have got them if ongoing cost.

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Never thought of personalised plates before but as wanted to change mine to a black background (white text) I thought why not.

Thanks for the idea Dazzler !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Never thought of personalised plates before but as wanted to change mine to a black background (white text) I thought why not.

Thanks for the idea Dazzler !!

No worries. Look forward to seeing them.  :victory:

I have seen a couple of people looking at mine today. Think they are more distinctive than the blue or black on white.  :cool:

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
I have my initials on my personalised plates had them now for 35 years. The certificate to buy was £100 from the DVLA.
In the UK there are a lot of people not conforming to the regulations and spelling out names. The plates always belong to the DVLA I know of some who have done the above and the DVLA have the powers to take them back when the rules are broken. It is also an MOT failure. Prior to 1972 you could have black background with silver letters after that they all became reflective conforming to regs. Front white background black letters rear yellow background black letters.
  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

• 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have my initials on my personalised plates had them now for 35 years. The certificate to buy was £100 from the DVLA.
In the UK there are a lot of people not conforming to the regulations and spelling out names. The plates always belong to the DVLA I know of some who have done the above and the DVLA have the powers to take them back when the rules are broken. It is also an MOT failure. Prior to 1972 you could have black background with silver letters after that they all became reflective conforming to regs. Front white background black letters rear yellow background black letters.

We are lucky it's not so restrictive here. Ours are all reflective. Crazy that it varies so much between states over here with regard to cost and choices though.  :crazy2:

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

We are lucky it's not so restrictive here. Ours are all reflective. Crazy that it varies so much between states over here with regard to cost and choices though.  :crazy2:

Yeah was $165 to change mine from white background with maroon text to black background with white text..... or $495 for "personal" plates made up of 3 number and 3 letters, from there to prices rise sharply.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah was $165 to change mine from white background with maroon text to black background with white text..... or $495 for "personal" plates made up of 3 number and 3 letters, from there to prices rise sharply.

Nice work! I just checked I could have had my DAZ001 plates restyled in White on black background for same price as the red on white. They would have looked good too!

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

Up here we can get red background, If I had yours I would done white on red !!

Nice work! I just checked I could have had my DAZ001 plates restyled in White on black background for same price as the red on white. They would have looked good too!

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Got me new plates Dazzler !!

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Very nice, looks smart. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Cheers John.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep, that combo looks great on a black car!  :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Bah! hum bug :)

Looks good CT :goodjob:

Bah in Thai = Crazy.

5 in Thai = Ha.

Crazy HaHaHa !!

Cheers.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
So don’t go driving with you then  :lol:

With the 6 speed manual she's fun in the traffic light battles !!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal