i30 Owners Club

Recalls

John B · 9 · 3318

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I notice in the service book there is a place at the bottom of each service sheet that is supposed to be ticked by the mechanic to say that he has checked for any recalls. Now I have decided to go with an independent garage for my i30 services what is the procedure to make sure I do not miss out on any recalls ?

Cheers John.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Burger28

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gloucestershire, UK
I know this probably doesn't help you, but it might help others: In the UK you can use the MOT history checker to check recalls have been actioned ( :link: What is the vehicle's registration number - MOT History)

Alternatively a quick google search comes up with this for Hyundai USA's site :link: Hyundai.
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Silver

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
you would have to present it to the dealer but if the car has it's servicing up to date then there should not be any.

What ever system they use it must work because all 3 of mine got the brake switch recall done way outside of the wty and only because where i get my tyres they must pass the VIN on and check whilst it's there.

I don't mind except when they cock it up
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks mate, I will ask when I get it serviced at my garage if there is anyway they can check. I did not know if Hyundai only notified the recalls to their dealers. Don't really want to have to go back to the dealers just to ask if there are any recalls. :undecided:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:35:00 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Thanks mate, I will ask when I get it serviced at my garage if there is anyway they can check. I did not know if Hyundai only notified the recalls to there dealers. Don't really want to have to go back to the dealers just to ask if there are any recalls. :undecided:
There's two types, Recalls or Safety related recalls and service campaigns. Hopefully i've got that right.

Safety related  i think they can track you via rego , we got a letter when there was a recall on the EPS units in select FD i30 which the Dealers had to check the software loaded. we've never had it serviced.

and the brake switch which is a campaign so if you never visit a dealer so they can run the vIN it never gets done which is why all 3 of mine got done after i paid the local dealer a visit.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks for that. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Brilliant thank you for the link Gerard. Looks like the 2014 i30 GD Elite has had a good run. Bookmarked that link for any future reference. :goodjob2: Up in the morning, got the car booked in for a service at 7.30am. Amazing how much better I feel taking it to someone I can trust. :happydance:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Brilliant thank you for the link Gerard. Looks like the 2014 i30 GD Elite has had a good run. Bookmarked that link for any future reference. :goodjob2: Up in the morning, got the car booked in for a service at 7.30am. Amazing how much better I feel taking it to someone I can trust. :happydance:

:D :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal