i30 Owners Club

Pending i30 arrival

Offline ajp3830

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast

• Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi
Just recently joined this forum after doing countless searches on the net looking for anthing I can find on the i30.
In two weeks I can unload the astra(2001 TS) and take delivery of the new diesel 130 manuel.
Im just curious to know what I should be aware or attend too from day one.
I have added floor mats, bonnet protector and 15" mags. Unfortunately I allowed myself to be talked into paint protection by the dealer. Since then I have googled only to find that its a waste of time and my money. .............what do you think?
As for regular servicing ,should I use the dealership or seek out a good mechanic ie if I can find one
Thinking I may do an between service oil change myself ie approx every 7000k
Any ideas , pointers, advice on the above or whatever will be most welcome and considered.
Im also thinging about a door protection strip( most likely wont), but it may look tacky. My colour is silver(light)
As my iconic 1990 Kombi is thirsty and in semi retirement (local work shuttle and the big jobs ie tow the trailer , tinnie etc)I hopefully intend to put this car to honest hard work as my wifes (and myself when I can get my hands on it) runaround, shopping trolley, and occasional Sunshine Coast to Sydney tripper  We easily run up 25-30000km /yr.
I usually keep cars for the long run, Holden astra 9years being the exception.
regards

ajp

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a couple of members have the protection strips and they look good,not sure if they work or not though.as far as servicing it yourself i wouldn't or id be very carefull not to void the warranty. who stamps the hand book to say the service was carried out if you do it yourself.you could get Hyundai to do the 15.000km services and you do the 7.500km oil and filter in between.  :razz:  enjoy your i30  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline ajp3830

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast

• Sunshine Coast Qld
a couple of members have the protection strips and they look good,not sure if they work or not though.as far as servicing it yourself i wouldn't or id be very carefull not to void the warranty. who stamps the hand book to say the service was carried out if you do it yourself.you could get Hyundai to do the 15.000km services and you do the 7.500km oil and filter in between.  :razz:  enjoy your i30  :mrgreen:

I fully intend to have it properly serviced. I may simply do an in between oil change. I will initially go toa hyundai dealership but may eventually go for a non dealer workshop in the longer term.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal