i30 Owners Club

New Corolla doesn't look as good in the flesh IMHO.

Dazzler · 18 · 5014

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
When I saw the first online pictures of the new Corolla I thought it had a bit of wow factor but seeing one in the flesh today, not so much. The front is a bit generic Toyota ugly. Side and rear not so bad I guess. No doubt it will still sell ok.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What was the interior like Dazz? the dash in the last models were quite horrible and seats weren’t great either.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What was the interior like Dazz? the dash in the last models were quite horrible and seats weren’t great either.

They were closed but I think the new interior is a lot better (but as you say they needed to be)

Think they've gone the floating tablet and better materials.. :cool:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
kardashian front headlights look like they overdone the black eyeliner and then her bottom lip has red tongue poking out for a selfie :crazy1:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't mind the new corolla's look, not as plain as the new i30 which was a little disappointing tbh, the styling also isn't as outlandish as Honda's new styling :sicky:

I'm still not fully sold on the interior though it's miles above the last generation :link: All-New Corolla Hatch | Best Small Car | Toyota Australia the new leather look stitched dash and console has a more quality look to it for sure.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My Corolla is 5 years old but the seats are certainly more comfortable and supportive than those in my FD.
Yes the first pics I saw of the new Corolla showed a floating screen, sitting higher than the one in the PD.

The new model Corolla looks pretty good in my humble opinion.  The rear view is definitely better than the PD. I'd still choose the PD though. 😀
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Corolla is 5 years old but the seats are certainly more comfortable and supportive than those in my FD.
Yes the first pics I saw of the new Corolla showed a floating screen, sitting higher than the one in the PD.

The new model Corolla looks pretty good in my humble opinion.  The rear view is definitely better than the PD. I'd still choose the PD though. 😀

I'm glad to hear that.

Although I was initially disappointed with the conservative styling of the PD after the prettier GD, it has really grown on me. I think it has grown on a lot of other people too. Reviewers who were initially a bit critical of the conservative styling now say more positive things when doing comparisons. The N which is basically the same styling with very minor tweaks is getting lots of positive styling comments from the reviewers.

I took these shots recently (and a lot more wile she was clean for once) and I thought she looked mint. The side on view is a bit plain maybe but the rear of the SR in particular and the front 3/4 angle view is pretty classy in my opinion.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yours is neat Dazz :goodjob2:

On my way to Tint A Car this morning and one of the new Corollas went by with dealer plates on it, quite nice in smurf blue :goodjob2: much better than the Suzuki van Tint A Car has loned me...sittin on the freeway at 100kph doing 3500rpm :crazy1: I didn't want to stretch the poor thing out to 110kph :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

On my way to Tint A Car this morning and one of the new Corollas went by with dealer plates on it, quite nice in smurf blue :goodjob2: much better than the Suzuki van Tint A Car has loned me...sittin on the freeway at 100kph doing 3500rpm :crazy1: I didn't want to stretch the poor thing out to 110kph :snigger:

Suzuki Van! Jeepers.. At least you got a loaner.  :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Suzuki Van! Jeepers.. At least you got a loaner.  :goodjob:
Yeah, if I knew they were going to give me a loaner I would have planned my day for it, didn't find out till I dropped off my car though :rolleyes: she's a pimped out van, fancy tint and lowered :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cool.  :happydance:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Toyota has just revealed the wagon version called Corolla Touring Sports, and will be officially unveiled at Paris Motor Show in October. It's not only having a longer boot, but the wheelbase is also stretched to 2700 mm from hatchback's 2640 mm, promising plenty of leg room in rear seats. Therefore the wagon will be a good substitute for the Avensis which will be discontinued.

Like the hatchback, it will be offered with 1.8-liter 122hp hybrid (same as in C-HR and Prius) and more powerful 2.0-liter 180hp hybrid as well. The only non-hybrid choice at here will be the 1.2-liter turbo, with a 6-speed manual or CVT, and the diesel option is dropped out.

The wagon will likely be sold only in Europe where they are still popular. Recently it was also announced that the Auris nameplate for hatch and wagon will be discontinued, so these are again called as Corolla.

:link: New Toyota Corolla Touring Sports 2019: pictures and details | Carbuyer

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Make it bigger and call it a Camry,  as they do . Must say it looks horn .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The side view looks like an i40.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks tohis. If a Hybrid version of that came to Australia it could very easily be Trish's next car. :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not bad looking for a wagon, 2ltr would be the pick of the bunch.

Looks big enough to have a V6 in it :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Not bad looking for a wagon, 2ltr would be the pick of the bunch.

Looks big enough to have a V6 in it :undecided:

Apparently the new Hybrid is very efficient and quicker off the mark.  :victory:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Saw one at the shops yesterday and didn't think it looked too bad.

They can keep the white inserts on the seats in the one pictured below. Bit like the brown leather seats you occasionally see in the i30
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal