i30 Owners Club

Alignment

CraigB · 19 · 5410

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Took the toy in for a 20k alignment and rotation today at Port Kennedy Tyres and More, sitting down in the waiting room the owner comes over and asks me to come and have a look at something as he doesn't know what else he can do...I'm thinking "shit" what's he found :eek: shows me the alignment readings on the machine and says they're all perfect :sweating: :D

Said not much he can do bar adjusting the rear right toe in about 1.00mm though it was still well within spec's, as it was already setup I said might as well adjust it and make perfect but I was pleased with his honesty :goodjob2: he also mentioned the tyres are running well and don't require rotating either so all in all it was only $60 for the 45 minutes of their time with test drive - setup and small adjustment instead of $90...looks like I can afford to eat out tonight :happydance:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Macca's run?  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Is this lowered? Is that why it needs tweaking?

Trade that Space AGe baterry in and you could eat for a month. :mrgreen:

:goodjob2:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice win Craig!  :goodjob2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Trade that Space AGe baterry in and you could eat for a month.
:rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

The car is lowered 20mm on Eibach springs though the reason for checking my alignment was to make sure the weight reductions haven't thrown anything out, specifically removing 17kg's of battery from directly over the front left wheel...all good though :goodjob2:

I'd rather starve than trade in my battery :snigger:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
$30 ?? .. surely that should get you a macca cheese burger meal and a Chinese 20 mins of full body oil massage.

• 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
$30 ?? .. surely that should get you a macca cheese burger meal and a Chinese 20 mins of full body oil massage.
Skip the maccas…calculating :whistler: :snigger:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

The car is lowered 20mm on Eibach springs though the reason for checking my alignment was to make sure the weight reductions haven't thrown anything out, specifically removing 17kg's of battery from directly over the front left wheel...all good though :goodjob2:

I'd rather starve than trade in my battery :snigger:
Looks like KFC then although I'm not feeling too good myself after 3 pieces.

OMG, I can see it now, No, sorry you can't put your 80kg arse in my car, you'll put me car out of spec. :head_butt:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You must have a small body! I'm only 176cm tall and 83 kg and took my massage girl today 95 minutes just to do most of my bits (There is one bit she leaves)  :Pout: (she's not Asian, but works from home so only cost me $75)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I can see it now, No, sorry you can't put your 80kg arse in my car, you'll put me car out of spec. :head_butt:
Your weight would only even out my weight on the opposite side :) though when my brothers kid's wanted a lift up the shop they were told to fxxxing walk...the son is 160kg's and daughter 130kg :faint: that's KFC and Maccas for ya :disapp:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I can see it now, No, sorry you can't put your 80kg arse in my car, you'll put me car out of spec. :head_butt:
Your weight would only even out my weight on the opposite side :) though when my brothers kid's wanted a lift up the shop they were told to fxxxing walk...the son is 160kg's and daughter 130kg :faint: that's KFC and Maccas for ya :disapp:
I wish, sadly I have succumbed to sitting behind a desk, + 15 Craig :head_knock:

:wacko: We're both nuts :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Mate, I thought you'd be a whippet buzzing over the cars all the time :)

I've gained a few extra kg's myself over the winter hibernation, time to prep the bike again with the weather clearing up :goodjob2:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I wish, sadly I have succumbed to sitting behind a desk, + 15 Craig :head_knock:

:wacko: We're both nuts :whistler:

Just taken 12 months to lose 15, sorry if they went to you  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I was happy with 72kg then start to enjoy the beers a bit too much and went up to 80kg.  Took me 5 months to get back down again by limiting the beer consumption.  Now it is whiskey on the rocks instead.

I am due for a massage though, we are just like old cars, as we get older - we require more maintenance.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I am due for a massage though, we are just like old cars, as we get older - we require more maintenance.

I must be very old.. I am getting quite a bit of maintenance these days!  :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I must be very old.. I am getting quite a bit of maintenance these days!  :happydance:
In a strange way we still aren't off topic, you're getting an alignment :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

In a strange way we still aren't off topic, you're getting an alignment :snigger:

True.  :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal