i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Cascading Grill

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
This is somewhere between a question and a rant. I quite like the cascading grill on the new Hyundais. Distinctive grills seem to be the flavour of the month by numerous manufacturers and the cascading grill is as good as any and better than most, IMO. YMMV, but you'd be wrong  :P

What I don't get is on the latest Tuscon the cascading grill is hidden behind horizontal bars and on the 2019 Elantra appears to be missing altogether. This seems a strange decision to me. A strong, unifying design element suddenly being pulled back.

Thoughts?
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This is somewhere between a question and a rant. I quite like the cascading grill on the new Hyundais. Distinctive grills seem to be the flavour of the month by numerous manufacturers and the cascading grill is as good as any and better than most, IMO. YMMV, but you'd be wrong  :P

What I don't get is on the latest Tuscon the cascading grill is hidden behind horizontal bars and on the 2019 Elantra appears to be missing altogether. This seems a strange decision to me. A strong, unifying design element suddenly being pulled back.

Thoughts?

Interesting observation. I'll have to find some images to compare. I don't mind the cascading grill, but it is a bit of a pain to clean.

I think it has had mixed reactions from the public. I do get your point about consistency. I don't like things to chop and change.

It's a bit like the mix of names and numbers with Hyundai models. :crazy2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal