i30 Owners Club

1.6crdi u2 and particulate filter.

Offline dibboi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Hi All,
My i30 diesel auto was built late Dec09 plated 1Jan 10,what is the best way to tell if it has the u2 engine fitted ?Here in Australia there is no particulate filter fitted,is it only on European cars?I have only done 1,200 k very happy so far ,the engine is still very tight I think it will be 10,000k before it frees up and give the best economy got 900k first tank. The only thing I don't like is the oil filter it is not a screw on throw away type it has a throw away internal cartidge , a lot messy job to renew.
                 cheers dibbo

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hi, i don't think we have the U2 here but have the u motor, from reading it sounds like it runs higher fuel pressure in common rail and, has more turbulance in combussion chamber. both would cause improved atomization.
they also go on to say it comes with 6 speed gearbox. so doubt if it would be in aussie i30 CRDi, also i notice they don't advitise the CRDi just the petrol. so the diesel might be selling itself or low supply.
about the oil filter, i like the style they use. it is a good design as it allows easy inspection for metal particals that would indicate a problem. with the desposible type you have to cut them open do do this. it is also very easy to get at and change.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal