i30 Owners Club

Hyundai 4th JD power

Guest · 6 · 2842

moxey
Hi everyone drive round with a large grin on your faces.
Sorry if it has been posted already but i think its great.
Hyundai quality improves. J.D. Power and Associates ranks Hyundai 4th in its 2009 Initial Quality Study!

According to the 2009 IQS -Initial Quality Study, Hyundai brand has made a come back and took the fourth spot in the latest quality survey released by renowned J.D. Power and Associates. The Korean car maker has jumped from 13th position achieved in 2008 to fourth in 2009, right behind the top three automakers: Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac.

The annual J.D. Power and Associates quality study measures IQS based on problems reported per 100 vehicles (PP100). With 108 problems per 100 vehicle this year, the industry average has improved when compared to last year (118 problems per 100 vehicles in 2008).

As already mentioned, with only 95 problems per 100 vehicles, Hyundai has taken the fourth spot in the quality survey. Even more important is the fact that Korean largest automaker regained its number 1 status among non-luxury brands, beating Honda at fifth place and Toyota at seventh position. It has happened for the second time that Hyundai has finished among the top four most quality car brands. In 2006, Hyundai “landed” at third position.

Hyundais affiliate Kia Motors also performed very well this year. The company ended at 15th position, tied with Volkswagen and luxury carmaker BMW. In addition to Hyundai, Kia also improved its quality and now ranks just a bit below the industry average. The largest improvement was recorded by Suzuki that moved from 32nd place last year to 9th position in 2009.

Not long ago, Hyundai could have been found at the bottom of annual J.D. Power quality charts, but in the last few years the company has seen a major turnaround. With huge efforts and lots of money spent on improving quality, the hard work has finally paid off to Hyundai and their vehicles are now ranking a top of the segments in terms of quality. Go HYUNDAI! [Source: J.D. Power & Associates]

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Got my grin on right here right now :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I always have a big grin but it's bigger now...

How did Lexus get up there I thought they were having some recalls too...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tk421

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• i30 SR Petrol Manual - Melbourne Australia
How did Lexus get up there I thought they were having some recalls too...

Indeed... it will be interesting to see how toyota/lexus fare in the 2010 IQS.

I'm curious as to what they consider a "problem", and if the "problems" are weighted in this study. eg. interior trim problem vs brake failure problem.

Tim.  :wink:

moxey
My mate came round to see me the other night in his toyota but unfortunately he said that he couldnt stop!!!!  BOOM BOOM  :lol: :lol:
Aye ok i wont give up my day job :-[

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My mate came round to see me the other night in his toyota but unfortunately he said that he couldnt stop!!!!  BOOM BOOM  :lol: :lol:
Aye ok i wont give up my day job :-[

A good joke by my standards (but my standards are low) :wink: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal