i30 Owners Club

SR boot rails in PD2??

Offline Sunshine72

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi All, recently purchased a PD2 i30 SR and had the full size spare wheel option fitted. The PD2 doesn’t seem to have the same boot rails that were shown in John Cadogan’s video about the full size spare. The car in his video shows plastic rails on each side that support putting the liner at two different levels. Wondering if it’s possible to get these rails from somewhere as currently there is no structural support on either side of the spare.
  • i30 SR 2018

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
But is it possible to have a two level liner/cover placed in the PD2 if a full size spare is fitted? I wouldn’t have thought the dimensions would be different from the PD to the PD2 to allow this to happen. Just need to find a cover with the side rails from somewhere.

I haven't looked at a PD2 book in the flesh, but from photos I've seen the wayv the boot base is structured is different.  My earlier version has two distinct slots at different heights.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sunshine72

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Yes, it seems that way unfortunately. I wonder why they changed it. We will have to find some special foam that we can pack in either side to bolster under the cover.
  • i30 SR 2018

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, it seems that way unfortunately. I wonder why they changed it. We will have to find some special foam that we can pack in either side to bolster under the cover.

Something to do with the stereo upgrade apparently.  Sunwoofer and amp installation I assume.  :undecided:

Next time I'm in a Hyundai dealership  I must check one out in the flesh.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I had a look.  It got nothing to do with the AMP or the woofer.  I think that is just Hyundai sale pitch to skim the option for full spare because everyone will ask for it @ sale point if the rail is available. :)

I did want full spare, yet passed experience on the 17 YO Subaru, i only used the spare less than 5 times.  So now I do not mind the small spare.  I utilize the extra boot space more.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi All, recently purchased a PD2 i30 SR and had the full size spare wheel option fitted. The PD2 doesn’t seem to have the same boot rails that were shown in John Cadogan’s video about the full size spare. The car in his video shows plastic rails on each side that support putting the liner at two different levels. Wondering if it’s possible to get these rails from somewhere as currently there is no structural support on either side of the spare.

G'Day, go back to dealer and say cover is rattling its head off, your mates doesn't do it but it has these rails that came with his. Did they forget them and can they fix it ?  :mrgreen:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
does the PD2 Sr with fulll spare have the same boot layout of the non SR models ?
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal