VaerO · 6 · 1465

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Hey guys,

So the little bugger decided to play up again!! This time the boot is stuck shut, won't budge, not even from the emergency latch on the inside. I'm at a Hyundai service centre now (Croydon, Sydney) with the intent to get the car fixed under its warranty. I've just been informed the that car is out of warranty! The service man said it ran out on October 13... I drove off the lot with the car on Nov 26! He said he'll have to check with Hyundai and get back to me. I guess my question is, when does warranty start? I thought it would start the day I drive off the lot?

:crazy1:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 22:19:41 by VaerO »

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I had an issue whereby the dealer had registered the vehicle in the system well before they sold it. So my warranty was nearly a year short.

A call to the good people at Hyundai with a copy of my invoice that stated 'brand new' got the matter fixed reasonably quickly.

From memory warranty starts when the car is first registered.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
That would be the logical assumption, otherwise why not use the build date.  :spitty:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Try another dealer and see if they’ll ask Hyundai to honour the just out of warranty :Good_luck: my window switch has just been replaced under warranty and I’m three months out of cover.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That would be the logical assumption, otherwise why not use the build date.  :spitty:

They used the date the dealer transfered it to another (dealer shelf) company as the start. Car was never registered.

I dare say the dealer did a swifty to get a sales bonus.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Thanks for the reassurance guys :) He never rang me back so knock on wood he checked with Hyundai and everything is clear  :sweating:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal