i30 Owners Club

2010 Model - how do I know I am buying a 2010 - and not a old stock 2009 runout?

Offline skippy992

• 1st Gear
Hi Everyone

I am buying a new i30 SLX CRDi (can't wait) and keen to know if I am getting a 2010 model and not getting
sold a runout 2009 model. I am in QLD, Australia, and dealers are clearing out 2009 models.

I know the engine and VIN numbers - is there a code to what  a 2010 model?
Mine is a build date of 19OCT2009 and a compliance date 01/10 (not sure what this means)

wondering if anyone knows this stuff? I want to trust the dealer ... but hey....

regards

Skip

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia
If it is a 19/10/09 Build then thats what it is.... 01/10 compliance just means whats when it was complied for Aus standards in Aus....

I Have a 12/09 build and it is 12/09 compliance.... & Thats only because mine was a special order....

Sometimes compliance dates can be upto 6-7 months different to build dates

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
All manufactures seem to call cars built after about 7-8 months of their current year as a next model year.

eg 2009

1-8 months a 2009 model year
9-12 months a 2010 model year

etc

Presume it takes that long for them to go thru the system from order to delivery to dealer with the latest bits  :lol:

Not much you can do, its a sort of cross over between spec updates or what ever. Although the spec may be the same they could be buying in parts from different supplier(s).

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The compliance plate makes a lot of difference!!!!

When IMCRZY goes to trade in a couple of years time his car will be valued as a 2009 model... :'(

whereas Skippy's car will be valued as a 2010 model..  :D

That's how it works in my experience... :cool:

Edit.. When they do a 2009 runout they are selling off the 2009 compliance plate cars...cheap..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline DaveCRDi

• 2nd Gear
Mine has the 6 speed box, so that's how I know it's a 2010.

Also, I think the plastic engine covers might be different (smaller one for the newer engine, possibly because the newer one has a camchain)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal