i30 Owners Club

Your thoughts in the NEW N-Line ??

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I am on a Facebook page called N Performance..
They put up a post with photos of the new i30 N-Line. That is replacing the SR.

The majority was not happy with what Hyundai as done & believe that it "Cheapens" Hyundai's "N" branding..
Or that it doesn't deserve the "N" badging at all. And people will buy them, are going to be i30N wannabees ..

Personally I think that it looks pretty good. As the SR didn't look any different to a Go or Active. Except by looking at the Rims.
Maybe the seats didn't need the "N" on the seats, or the change of the gear knob..     But now looks a bit more sporty..

What are your thought??   Has Hyundai done the right thing?? Or something that they should of left the "N" badging for dedicated "N" cars..

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/hyundai-i30-n-line-warm-hatch-now-available-116052/
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don’t mind the new planned upgrades though not completely sure about whether it was worth losing the SR badge over, the SR is already the semi sports model so people would have recognised the badge.

Either way people will get over the name change after a few months :)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I know after a day or two the  'N inspired'  whatever it was will no longer thrill me.  :undecided:

Anyway, Im staying in GD mode until HY sort the start issues out.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think it is a clever move as is putting on a better tyre. If people haven't had BSM or rear cross traffic alert before they probably won't miss it, but I like both those features.

Seeing as the SR name has been tarnished a little with the warm starting issue a name change won't hurt either. Clever marketing all around I reckon.

Quite interested to see what the seat comfort and styling looks like in the flesh.

Watch this space.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I think it may be a quite a good move for them. And will more than likely increase sales.

As BMW has done with M badging. Audi with their S line. VW with their R line ETC.

As there will be plenty of buyers than may like the i30N. But either are not willing or can't pay $45k on road to get there bum in one..
So they will drop down to just under $30k & get their bum in a N-line instead..

Also as I have mentioned on the Facebook post.  I can't see the $15k, which is 50% of the price of the N-line. Being worth it.
As of now in my day to day driving. There has not been many instances where I could use all of the performance of my SR. Without breaking any road rules.
Yes the i30N is the better car..   But 50% a better car??    Unless of course you are buying the i30N to use as a weekly track day weapon..
Specially now as the N-line will have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Your thoughts on the SR versus the N were pretty much what I said after this test drive..

:link: Dazzler borrows an i30N for the day (or maybe longer) ;-)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I reckon this is what the SR should have looked like from the start. It now looks more aggressive that suits its mild sporting intent.
The only way to tell the previous model from the lesser ones was the wheels. They should have used a different name for it though and left the N out  of it, SRX, SRi anyone.
  • i30 sr

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal