i30 Owners Club

Nissan Leaf - zero emissions?

Lorian · 5 · 2308

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
So the Uk government seem to br about to invest our money (uk people) with nissan to build the nissan leaf zero emissions car.

I have two problems with this.

1. If it's zero emission does it come with it's own wind and wave power station?

2. Who wants a car that can make it only 100 miles? (on a warm day)

I guess it doesn't look too bad

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I refuse to pay attention to Electric vehicles until they at least better petrol vehicles in terms of range...........

I'll really pay attention when they start matching/beating diesels for range.........

Zero emission from the a$5 of it = yes. Zero emissions from purchase =  I wish. Zero emissions from extraction of raw elements from the ground = Never ever going to happen.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah range seems to be the killer (us i30 owners, diesel in particular ...are a bit spoilt)

The purchase price has been the other hurdle (bit like paying extra for low fat foods .... :rolleyes:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I refuse to pay attention to electric vehicles on the basis that the whole thing is a con.

In order to charge it the stupid bloody thing needs connected to our coal fired power outlets and the actual manufacturing process for any car creates more emissions than even the most thirsty V8 produces in it's entire lifetime........................
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Pip
I refuse to pay attention to electric vehicles on the basis that the whole thing is a con.

In order to charge it the stupid bloody thing needs connected to our coal fired power outlets and the actual manufacturing process for any car creates more emissions than even the most thirsty V8 produces in it's entire lifetime........................
Agree with that.

What it does though, and probably a good thing, is move the running emissions to where ever the power station is. Big cities will benefit.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal