i30 Owners Club

Cost of Fuel Filter for CRDi (Australia)

Dazzler · 53 · 15339

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Was in the local Hyundai/Nissan dealer's parts department today getting service parts for the wife's Tiida.. and decided to check the current price (and stock levels) of the CRDi fuel filter which I will have to replace in 1000kms (at 60,000) They wanted $142.. said they only had one  :rolleyes: (and had only ever sold 2 others...no wonder at that price!) The part number is 319224H001..

Can anyone in Australia who has had one replaced in the last 6 months check their invoice and let me know what they got charged including GST thanks..

Out of interest I'm going to see what I can get a fuel filter and an Oil filter from the big Melbourne dealer for (including freight)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That seems excessive.

Over the stream from here they are priced at €36.28 (Limerick, Ireland)

http://www.d2dgateway.com/searchresults.php?searchtext=319224H001

Be interesting to see what other prices show up near Dazzland
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Steve it will be interesting to see what the Melbourne dealer wants to charge (I've asked for a total price for a Fuel Filter, Oil Filter and Freight)

Interestingly lots of results for that part number on worldwide google search but none for just Australia...

Edit : that converts to a bit over A$50  :eek: :evil:

and this (Polish Price)

http://kia.auto.pl/filtr-paliwa-kia-soul-ceed-diesel-hyundai-i30-diesel-p-827.html?osCsid=cf3bc5861f625798a8aa38bba07c9cea

is only about A$37  :eek: :evil:

P.S. I was going to grab an Oil Filter for my CRDi as they are only about A$21 and they only had two in stock (one was used - full of oil!!!! which they couldn't explain) and the other had been handled with oily fingers???? So I said I would leave it for now... :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I got a reply from Dandenong Hyundai (The only one of three dealers to reply so far)

Their fuel filter has a cost of $136.60 (about $6 cheaper than tassie)

Their oil filter has a cost of $25.05 (A bit dearer than last time I got one here?)

Freight to get to Devonport would be $10

(So no point getting them over from there) Next stop the Kia Dealer...

THEY TOLD ME THERE WAS A HYUNDAI DEALER IN DEVONPORT WHICH MIGHT BE MORE CONVENIENT.. :rolleyes:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Dazz, do research, as some dealers here love the money more than the sale. you get poeople like this in all walks of life, seems to be part of the new system. but can get for $90 and as have said easy to replace. i can't understand the service quote. people tell us. i can't were i got in print as.... the wolf's would be onto it.
cheers
fear is what dealers thrive on my online m8.
but being a 50 year old , Dazz my boy, your a survivour mate, you road in car's without seat belts or airbag's, you done or must have done all we have been lead to beleave would kill us. and your still alive. your cars still alive, don't let a newage salesman scare you m8. they are all experts till you put it to them to demonstraght. then google is no longer there best m8 :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi John.. I love your way with words... :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Dazz, I had my fuel filter replaced at the 30,000 km service on 5/1/10 and it cost $109.45 including GST. The part number is the same as the one you have given.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Dazz, it's even worse for young people that buy a new Harley. i meet kids like that at the track. dealers tell them very colourfull story's that come over from the USA or what ever. they hit them with $150 per hour labour charge that some kid that gets $30 per hour carried out.
then they meet me who don't know anything, but who has wild imagination and lived b4 HD road side service, meet 70 year old ex flat track racers back in the 60's that showed up with old 1965 panheads then road across australia to perth on those dirt roads of the day. but today they tell them thats impossible. then we had two 18year old kids back in 1927 with a prehistoric Harley outfit and they set a new around australia record, Wild natives in NT no roads to talk of 50mile out of sydney. not a service station you went to private farms to get fuel you rebuilt motors and bikes on the side of dirt track's crossed sandy rivers followed teligraph lines eat what you could get, lived off the land. it was cheap. and they made it. now it's hard to beleive that.
how did we do that?
True story.
but i'm telling you mate the dealers hate the truth!
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Dave If I cant get it for less than that from Kia I might get the name of the dealership and buy all my filters from them (inclufding freight it would still be cheaper!)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Or buy them when you come over here. If you want me to check anything out with John Hughes let me know.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Dave...Trouble is I need the Fuel Filter in the next few weeks... Apparently the Kia Soul uses the same engine and consumables and they may be cheaper via the Kia Dealer (where I have a contact  :D) so might be on a winner - will keep you posted.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Dazz I just put "fuel filter Hyundai" into the search area on Ebay and three matches came up for a Sonata but not i30.
But the seller said if your one was not listed contact them for a price. Might be worth a try?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Dave.. I'll give that a try..(I've just about to PM you about something else as well)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

UPDATE: The ebay option was no go (he only handles clearance items)

On the positive side Kia use exactly the same part number for the Kia Soul CRDI Fuel Filter.. and I can get it locally for $114 (a $29 saving  :D) They are doing the Oil Filter for $21 so I said to get one of them too and I think I need an Air Filter at the 60,000 too so if that is cheaper they will get a hat-trick (I can cope with them coming in a red box instead of a blue one... :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

UPDATE: The ebay option was no go (he only handles clearance items)

On the positive side Kia use exactly the same part number for the Kia Soul CRDI Fuel Filter.. and I can get it locally for $114 (a $29 saving  :D) They are doing the Oil Filter for $21 so I said to get one of them too and I think I need an Air Filter at the 60,000 too so if that is cheaper they will get a hat-trick (I can cope with them coming in a red box instead of a blue one... :lol:

Excellent result. It's crazy, isn't it....
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Air Filter same story (same part number for Kia and Hyundai) only $26 versus $36...so total saving over A$40 dealerships less than half a kilometre away from each other and both on my way to work...

I will post the Kia part numbers for all three off the boxes when I get them...

Offline partshelper

• 1st Gear
hi shambles,

I own d2dgateway.com, would you mind letting me know how you found out about our website?  also can I be of any assistance in helping the members here find parts?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I own d2dgateway.com, would you mind letting me know how you found out about our website?  

was my friend :)

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
Can't remember how much I paid for my fuel filter, as I bought when I picked up the car 18 months ago, but the oil filter was $39 dollars in Canberra from where I bought the car.
As soon as Mahle make them available for general distribution I will buy ten, plus a oil filter cover.
Mahle part number 26330-2C300 OX351
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

... also can I be of any assistance in helping the members here find parts?

Of course you can. All offers of i30ownersclub member discounts gratefully received :D

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
and after 9 minites as a memer on the site and one post he was gone.   :eek:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Bit of an Update .. Got the Kia Fuel Filter for $114.80 (it had exactly the same part number on the box as quoted by the Hyundai Service Centre) The Kia Oil filter they tried to give me was a cartridge type but a fair bit fatter than the Hyundai one so I declined that - will get the Hyundai one which is a similar price) expecting to collect the Kia air filter early next week then will book my service...(will have a look at the genuine one in my car before I collect it to make sure it is right!)

Cheers

Dazz

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
could you  keep the originals as a sample for next time. ?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

could you  keep the originals as a sample for next time. ?

I will probably just post photos and part numbers on here (if i remember) The Oil Filters vary on the Build date of the Diesel but the other two should be the same for all CRDis I think..

Pip
Is it just me or does $115 still sound a lot for what must be made for a fraction of that?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes it does especially if we are supposed to get it replaced every 30,000km (better than the $143 quoted by my Hyundai dealer though) I think the local dealers are greedy they have a reputation for being dear and their trade in offers are usually a joke!

Pip
I'm also surprised that the filter is a proprietry item without a generic replacement. If I can put it off until 60k then I've a few years before I need worry anyway. :wink: I'm doing a fairly constant 15k/yr and have 22,500km in the first 18 months... so on average so far.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If you have seen my latest news on the i45 not coming out as a Diesel (at least in the short term..) you will understand if I say I might now have to plan on another fuel filter at the 120K mark... :'(

I am guessing from what a few say that the Fuel Filter is possibly a Bosch item and might be interchangable between brands (I will try and remember to post a photo before it is changed) and might even post the dimensions on the site

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'm in for my 15.000km service next Saturday for $220 flat.oil,filter,fuel injector flush,ecu reset to new settings,spanner check and full check over car to make sure its all still a1.an hours work im told  :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal