i30 Owners Club

Woolworths Car Insurance - 10% off + $100 Gift card promo

Guest · 9 · 1996

guest12451
Gents,

I was only newly signed with Budget Direct ($850 excess, $21k agreed value) and these guys beat them by $160 PLUS gave a $100 gift card on top - they also had a lower excess , $800 and agreed value of $23k.  So much better. Was able to get full Budget Direct premium back as within cooling off period, worst care with others you'd be out a prorated amount, so still worthwhile.

Dunno how long the promo is on for but get a quote and ensure you're not paying the 'lazy tax'
:link: Save "Up to 10% off" Woolworths Car Insurance + 0 Bonus Woolworths Gift Card - OzBargain

Use CARX03 to get the $100 card.

The scouting report on WW insurance is the cover is good but the customer service is a PITA to speak with - so thats how they're cheaper.

Hope that assists a few members.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Cheers,
Use them for daughter's deceased 323 and current FD Trophy, best deal for her age. Keep sending weather warnings to you via txt.
Spend the card wisely  :drinks:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Interesting and thanks for posting the idea!
I just got my new car and insurance through Hyundai (Suncorp) as it was cheaper than my current company (RACV) and has lifetime new for old. ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:14:39 by Mutley »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing Nikko. I've been through RACT for several years after trying Youi for size (for one year). I pay around $550 to $600 for each of our cars with $450 excess. They are amazing to deal with service wise so I'll stay where I am. But I'm sure others might benefit.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
OK.
Here's my experience.  A couple of years ago I did some serious research on insurance options.
Coles looked the goods.
But before pulling the trigger I researched for feedback. 
Whirlpool is good for that, as well as several other sites.
Anyway, the feed back was atrocious.  Rude staff on the phone,long waits for any action despite numerous follow ups.
So I stayed with RACQ and increased our excesses.
Just did some research on Woolworths which produced eerily similar results.
Interestingly, one of the major complaints concerned non receipt of the gift cards after a couple of months of chase ups.

Anyway, insurance companies are all much the same I guess. You only have to look at the unpaid claims from the Townsville floods earlier this year.

Problem with Woolies and Coles is it's not them, just some third party paying to use their name.

Nikko,  please keep us posted on how you go with these guys.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
A bit more re: insurance.
Kona is deemed new as ex-demo. (16 months old)
The Kona is with GIO - Top level, Lifetime New for Old. $250 less than if we went  Comprehensive agreed value. So if it gets totalled, get spanker, unlimitrd car hire regardless of fault, excess free screen, excess was $900 (?).
We have 3 other greenslips and the house & contents with them, always ask for extra discount at renewal time ( greenslip is set) always get discount.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I looked up Woolworths insurance as well when i was looking as they had the cheapest rates. But all the reviews were terrible. 40 min wait times to call up and get the process started after an accident then have to chase up every step of the way etc. One review said the centrelink call center is quicker and better.

So i called Budget and they prettymuch matched the quote. So my PD I30 active is $509 a year for full comprehensive cover. That's with new for old replacement if the cars written off etc.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Insurance is only as good as the claims process.

QBE have done well in both my claims (write off replaced with new car and 10k damage to new car when run into).

On both occasions they have done well (delays to the new car were Hyundai related).

Biggest issue with insurance companies is who owns them, and where they send you for repairs. Delays in the process when it isn't your fault arn't really an issue when you have a replacement car from someone like Right2drive.

If it is your fault however, long waits are not what you want.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Having had two no fault claims in the last year I'd have to agree beerman. RACT have been excellent in that regard.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal